5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing Badges/Decals

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not unless you go stupid with it lol. Use common sense and heat it just enough and reheat if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gipraw

Reaction score
Slight heat with the heat gun, then use some fishing line to go behind it and pull it off. Then you can remove the leftover residue. If you use the fishing line, you don’t have to use the heat gun, but it does make it easier and quicker.

blue_by_you

Reaction score
with heat gun or blow dryer the key is to move it across the area of the decal a few inches away, dont stay in one spot. when the decal is warm enough that you wouldnt want to keep your hand on it then use fishing line to go behind it and they'll come off super easy. use a sawing motion with the fishing line.

tdeverjr

Reaction score
I just did this with strong fish line the other day, no heat gun. Wear gloves and the badges will pop right off. I sprayed the residue with goo gone and then hit them with a 3M stripe remover wheel. I was surprised how fast and easy it was.

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
just do it on a hot day and some goo gone with fishing line. Really easy.
came here to say this exact thing. park the truck in the sun for a bit, spray goo gone, or 3m auto adhesive remover. if you need a little more then just use blow dryer. this will all come off pretty easily. don't be shy about using the 3M stuff either (my preference) it will do a really good job of breaking that sticky crap up and you'll be able to basically "rub" it off with very little effort. follow it up with some detail spray to remove any remaining residue, or simply some car wash soap and water will work.

Users who are viewing this thread