5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing auto air dam and codes.

sjansen

Reaction score
Hello all, new to the site,

I am looking for a video on how to remove the active air dam. I have U11E9 and U0645 codes. The dealer wants $1200 to fix it and they said it was not covered under the X96 recall (although that's the exact part that failed on my 2019 5th gen ram 1500). LOBS
I also would like to know how to clear the codes after removal. I.E. take it to a mechanic, get a code reader.

Thank you for your help, sjansen

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all, new to the site,

I am looking for a video on how to remove the active air dam. I have U11E9 and U0645 codes. The dealer wants $1200 to fix it and they said it was not covered under the X96 recall (although that's the exact part that failed on my 2019 5th gen ram 1500). LOBS
I also would like to know how to clear the codes after removal. I.E. take it to a mechanic, get a code reader.

Thank you for your help, sjansen
Take it to any parts store and rent the code scanner and use it to clear your codes. As for active air dam, just unplug the connector, and wrap it in a plastic bag or something to keep it dry. That should be it.

sjansen

Reaction score
Thank you. Do you know where I can find a video to remove the ads? No one has posted one that I can find.

397STROKER

Reaction score
I don't think you need a video for the active air dam. Unplug it and then 2 nuts on each side. drop it down and drag it out. Tape up the connector so it doesn't get water in it and tie it up.

sjansen

Reaction score
Thank you,

I removed the active air dam. Two bolt on either side and disconnect the clip. I actually had my 15 year old do it, it's that easy. Then I disconnected the negative terminal on my battery for 20 minutes to remove the codes and engine light was gone.

All done for $0!

Thanks again

Robman700

Reaction score
I removed mine and taped up the connector. Have not had any code and it’s been about 3 months.

Cajuntec

Reaction score
Does removing the AAD have any negative effects on the truck (handling, gas mileage, etc...)?
All the best,
Glenn

23RAM

Reaction score
Does removing the AAD have any negative effects on the truck (handling, gas mileage, etc...)?
The AAD is to help improve aerodynamics under the truck for slightly better mileage. It doesn't affect handling. The only negative effects will be a small fuel mileage loss that you likely won't notice, and resale value due to a missing or non-working part.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
All the best,
Glenn
You’ll never know it’s gone. Neither will the next person that buys your truck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread