5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove shifter and console on GT to add wireless charging

Battman

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove shifter on GT? I want to add wireless charging and I’ve seen how to remove console but always with shifter on IP.
Thanks.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wait, your truck doesn’t have both (shifter and wireless charging)? I don’t have a Rebel, but I thought the setup was the same between TRX and GT Rebel/Laramie. Mine has both.

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
Wireless Charging on Rebel is in the comfort and convenience package

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you not get comfort and convenience with GT package? That would be another reason that would make me not choose the GT package.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Although. Lol. I did add the Ram Air intake and an after market exhaust. You already have that. I’m sure it is nicer looking too with the shifter. The giant console with the storage would be hard to give up though.

Battman

Reaction score
My didn’t come with that package. If I can remove shifter I can change and add this feature.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok. Got it. But just to let you know. Not sure if it’s just my ram but the wireless charging isn’t that great. I have a hard time charging with my phone case. My phone case is the otter box symmetry. Very thin case that I don’t have issues with on the wireless charging pads at my house. I also don’t go crazy over it because obviously I don’t have wireless connectivity in my Ram therefore I need to be plugged in anyways to use car play. Anyway I’m sure there’s a way to get it out. Did you try googling it. Not many members on here have a shifter so that’s why your probably not getting much help. Good luck

Battman

Reaction score
Ok. Got it. But just to let you know. Not sure if it’s just my ram but the wireless charging isn’t that great. I have a hard time charging with my phone case. My phone case is the otter box symmetry. Very thin case that I don’t have issues with on the wireless charging pads at my house. I also don’t go crazy over it because obviously I don’t have wireless connectivity in my Ram therefore I need to be plugged in anyways to use car play. Anyway I’m sure there’s a way to get it out. Did you try googling it. Not many members on here have a shifter so that’s why your probably not getting much help. Good luck
Thanks. Yes I did a few searches. Even searched to see if anyone removed on TRX or Rebel, but couldn’t find anything. That is why I reached out here. I place my phone in that spot now and it would be convenient, but also looking at other options with aftermarket wireless magnetic charging and holder.

Battman

Reaction score
I’ve got something I’m going to try this weekend or next weekend as a cheap work around. If it works and looks decent I’ll post a photo or two.

Gunner115

Reaction score
Took delivery of mine last week and I don't have the wireless charging either. If there is any info out there on adding it I'd definitely be interested since it would be a big convenience thing for me.

Battman

Reaction score
Took delivery of mine last week and I don't have the wireless charging either. If there is any info out there on adding it I'd definitely be interested since it would be a big convenience thing for me.
I haven't found anything yet. Here is my $40 solution. Used Apple Magsafe charger. Works great but wish it was black, but I always put my iPhone over it when I'm in vehicle. Going to try and clean wire up someway.

Attachments

• 7974864E-4383-4761-83E9-92AF417E51C8.jpeg
    7974864E-4383-4761-83E9-92AF417E51C8.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 37

Gunner115

Reaction score
Not a bad idea, had me looking at my options for chargers.

Users who are viewing this thread