5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove Clear Gauge Cluster Protector Panel?

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Curious, anyone know how easy it is and/or what the procedure is for popping out the clear screen in front of the gauge cluster in a Laramie Longhorn?

I have a new one and just noticed in certain light that there is a line or possibly a scratch about 2 inches in length down the right side of the center screen in the center cluster.

Rather than taking it to a dealer first, I'd like to just pop clear panel off and see if the scratch is actually a scratch or is it hair or glue or some other contaminant.

I suspect the thing just pops out and is held in place with clips, but I don't want to go prying on things without first knowing.

My closest dealer is a good distance away which is why I ask. If it's simple to gain access, I'd like to save myself a trip to the dealer and the wait, etc. if it just turns out to be something I can clean up with a q tip.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
The trim directly surrounding the gauge cluster just pops out with clips, no screws.

Attachments

• Gauge Trim Removal.pdf
    52.6 KB · Views: 67

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Thank you! I had a feeling it was just clips since I couldn't find any screw holes.

Users who are viewing this thread