5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removal of fixed air dam?

11B4X4

Reaction score
I was looking at removing the bulky fixed air dam at the front of the truck. It appears to be just a bunch of clips holding it on. Before I go tearing into this I was just curious if anyone has removed it before. If so any pics? Reason for wanting it gone is purely cosmetic.

Thanks

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was looking at removing the bulky fixed air dam at the front of the truck. It appears to be just a bunch of clips holding it on. Before I go tearing into this I was just curious if anyone has removed it before. If so any pics? Reason for wanting it gone is purely cosmetic.

Thanks
They come off pretty easy I had to replace my front bumper so I pulled off every bit of plastic to swap it over to the new one, With the air dam removed you'll still have the active air dam behind it that will also have to be removed. I had mine off but have to run a front plate here in CA and thought it looked funny because of the shape of the bottom of the bumper the plate hangs downs lower than than the actual bumper. There is one picture on this site floating around of a bighorn without the lower air dam on it its a black truck no front plate, It looked pretty good, that had similar specs to yours as far as lift and tire size, I just don't remember what thread the picture was posted in.

11B4X4

Reaction score
They come off pretty easy I had to replace my front bumper so I pulled off every bit of plastic to swap it over to the new one, With the air dam removed you'll still have the active air dam behind it that will also have to be removed. I had mine off but have to run a front plate here in CA and thought it looked funny because of the shape of the bottom of the bumper the plate hangs downs lower than than the actual bumper. There is one picture on this site floating around of a bighorn without the lower air dam on it its a black truck no front plate, It looked pretty good, that had similar specs to yours as far as lift and tire size, I just don't remember what thread the picture was posted in.

Thanks for the info!

Why does the active air dam have to be removed?

Mark derix

Reaction score

Thanks

Attachments

• 20200418_180118.jpg
    20200418_180118.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 20200418_180429.jpg
    20200418_180429.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 20200418_180407.jpg
    20200418_180407.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 118

11B4X4

Reaction score

Looks great. I never did take it off, just got used to it. Might have to now that i've seen how clean yours looks.

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
Yeah, took mine off yesterday morning. Would be easy to put back on, I suppose. But looks so much better.

Bretth

Reaction score
Some mentioned black truck with air damn removed :D:D:D Like others have said it’s really easy. I’m spacing on the nuts for the active damn but the air damn is all 10mm. Then it just has a few plastic panel clips. Reallyonce you have a level it does nothing but catch on rocks.

Attachments

• F4777348-400C-4948-950A-60F77A23A89F.jpeg
    F4777348-400C-4948-950A-60F77A23A89F.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 96

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/