5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removable Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
Curious as to if anyone has a recommendation on a hard tri fold tonneau cover that’s removable? I like th MX4, but I don’t like that you have to mount it up against the back window. I’d rather remove it completely when not using it.

I also lie the retractable covers but am afraid the in bed space needed for them would prevent me carrying an ATV in the short bed.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ended up with a soft cover (Gator tri-fold) as it is so light and easy to completely remove and attach. Where we live, vandalized covers are not an issue at this time, so the Lifetime warranty plus light weight was an acceptable compromise.

Last edited:

Drillerr

Reaction score
On my last three trucks I've had the Extang Solid Fold and really liked it. On my new Ram I've put on the BakFlip MX4. If I could do it again I think I'd go back to the Extang. But, I've only had this BakFlip on for a couple of weeks so far.

reb0957

Reaction score
I am thinking Solid Fold 2.0. I will never do fabric again. The ease of taking the 2.0 completely off is a big selling point. DO any of the flush mount tonneaus, not lean against the cab?

FlyMike

Reaction score
I really like my Lomax. Super easy to install and remove. Looks great too.

Toris1968

Reaction score
Peragon is completely removable in 30 seconds, so they say, I can’t really provide any evidence of that though as mine is about to ship in a couple days

PaGregSS

Reaction score
I have the Extang Solid Fold 2. Third one I've owned across various trucks and I like how easy it is to removr.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ended up with ultra flex. We will see how it holds up!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Rough Country sits on top of the rails. Light enough to ship UPS, folds up easily. One person can handle it. Probably took me longer to type this than it would to remove it. Installation takes a little longer because it needs to be centered. Downside: not very attractive. It's square and the bed outline is not.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Does Rough Country keep the water out for you ??
Hard to say. It hasn't really rained here since May or so. I left it undisturbed the last time I washed the truck, and I did wash the top of the cover. It wasn't bone dry inside, but there was only a couple streaks where water had entered. That might be where I was b;lasting with the hose near the seams. I don;t know.

Users who are viewing this thread