5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Start

Nate4x4

Reaction score
Is there anyway of knowing if your RAM started after pressing the remote start button?

Other than that the parking lights flash and the horn sounds briefly, does the key fob have an indicating light somewhere?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there anyway of knowing if your RAM started after pressing the remote start button?

Other than that the parking lights flash and the horn sounds briefly, does the key fob have an indicating light?
To my knowledge, nope.

Nate4x4

Reaction score
Sounds like you need a Magnaflow. Click Click and listen for the sweet rumble. Love doing it every morning. :D

Lol, sweet-sweet rumble...

BTW: I'm asking this question for someone else. My truck can already be heard at least a mile away....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

kittyjo

Reaction score
The uconnect app works from 2000miles away haha I was in California and truck at airport in nc!!! Talk about distance for remote starts

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Would be a great feature to have an indicator. Same with the locked.

I swear my epitaph on my tombstone will read "Did I Lock?"

I say that phrase more than I tell my lady I love her. I am always Uconnecting it to lock just in case.

Bleda2002

Reaction score
This is one feature I miss from my F150 (and that list is pretty damn short), it would either give me a green light showing it started, or a double blink of red to show me it didnt work.

Chris

Reaction score
Would be a great feature to have an indicator. Same with the locked.

I swear my epitaph on my tombstone will read "Did I Lock?"

I say that phrase more than I tell my lady I love her. I am always Uconnecting it to lock just in case.
To be fair, the last time I looked the info up was nearly a decade ago, but back them the only way to get a decent 2-way transceiver into a key fob was a giant antenna, which becomes significantly less comfortable to put in a pocket; it may also reduce the battery life significantly, though by just how much is questionable since it already needs to be receiving and/or sending very low signals for auto-unlock and push-button start and thus would only need to boost the reception for some X (15?) seconds to receive the remote command confirmation or else time out to show a failure.

Bleda2002

Reaction score
To be fair, the last time I looked the info up was nearly a decade ago, but back them the only way to get a decent 2-way transceiver into a key fob was a giant antenna, which becomes significantly less comfortable to put in a pocket; it may also reduce the battery life significantly, though by just how much is questionable since it already needs to be receiving and/or sending very low signals for auto-unlock and push-button start and thus would only need to boost the reception for some X (15?) seconds to receive the remote command confirmation or else time out to show a failure.

My F150 XLT already did the 2 way, key was actually a little smaller than Rams and the remote start worked really far away. Battery life was also good, about 1.5 years

Chris

Reaction score
My F150 XLT already did the 2 way, key was actually a little smaller than Rams and the remote start worked really far away. Battery life was also good, about 1.5 years
Gives me hope. Maybe I will experiment with my key fob this weekend to see if the LED is actually 2-way.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
This is a testament to how valuable forums can be. And also why the Longhorn is awesome.

I had NO idea. I always push my door handle button. I had no idea it was there!

I am so glad this thread was started. Thank you SO much.

This is the best news of my day today. Not sure what can top this.
ff206836b9373361ea6631d006779126.jpg

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"LED light above the lock and unlock buttons?"
Yeah, it's there. And it flashes when you double-click to remote-start the truck. It doesn't stay lit, and (unsurprisingly) I am not aware of documentation that explains what the flashing LED is meant to indicate (other than a successful button press).

Users who are viewing this thread