5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Start

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Many problems on here have been traced back to a faulty battery. These new AGM batteries are garbage. What's the best replacement option these days? I used to buy Die Hards and they would easily last 5 or 6 years

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many problems on here have been traced back to a faulty battery. These new AGM batteries are garbage. What's the best replacement option these days? I used to buy Die Hards and they would easily last 5 or 6 years
Yeah they certainly seem to be finicky. Fortunately it failed under warranty so at least it didn't cost me anything.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah they certainly seem to be finicky. Fortunately it failed under warranty so at least it didn't cost me anything.
It doesn't take much to degrade a battery. If you had the loose ground cables causing continual low voltage that could degrade an otherwise good battery. What may also be an issue is that the battery they chose has marginal ratings for long term endurance and and that plus the loose grounds did it. Might also mean that a few years down the road we all have premature battery issues.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
One honk usually door or hood open. May have a bad door switch of all doors are closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread