5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start

Reaction score
The remote start range on my new 2019 Ram is much shorter then the range on my 2011 Ram. Called dealer and they have no answer. It is much shorter, anyone else have this issue?

d19r93

Reaction score
The remote start range on my new 2019 Ram is much shorter then the range on my 2011 Ram. Called dealer and they have no answer. It is much shorter, anyone else have this issue?
Mine starts from about 1000 feet when I walk out of my building. It's a straight shot. For a bit there it seemed to require me to be closer, but that has since stopped.

Tones1975

Reaction score
Mine seems to have a pretty short range as well. Wondering if it might have anything to do with the doors being able to unlock when the key fob is close? All I know is that the range on my remote start sucks

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Use Uconnect App and you can start it from anywhere. That said, I don't have any issues with distance in comparison to other vehicles I've owned with remote start.

d19r93

Reaction score
Use Uconnect App and you can start it from anywhere. That said, I don't have any issues with distance in comparison to other vehicles I've owned with remote start.
Is that only on the Limited/Laramie/Longhorn editions? When I tried to set it up for my Big Horn, it tells me it's not compatible with my truck.

Teamcook

Reaction score
Is that only on the Limited/Laramie/Longhorn editions? When I tried to set it up for my Big Horn, it tells me it's not compatible with my truck.
I had the UConnect app set up on my 2018 Lone Star edition, but replaced the truck and app says it's not compatible with my 2019 Big Horn edition, also.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KRField

Reaction score

I had the UConnect app set up on my 2018 Lone Star edition, but replaced the truck and app says it's not compatible with my 2019 Big Horn edition, also.

Do you guys have the factory Navigation? If not then it is not a “connected” vehicle and will not work with the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teamcook

Reaction score
Do you guys have the factory Navigation? If not then it is not a “connected” vehicle and will not work with the app.

I do not have the factory Navigation, but my 2018 didn't, either, and the app worked with it. In fact, it was totaled, then sold and rebuilt, and I still get the monthly UConnect emails, even though I replaced the vehicle on my Ram profile AND unsubscribed to the monthly email. It's like getting emails from a ghost. The process definitely has some bugs...

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had issues with Uconnect App, so I got in the truck and got on the phone through the Uconnect Assist and once they did whatever they did, it has worked flawlessly.
I do have factory Nav.

bpotter

Reaction score
I ran into same issue with FOB range. Turns out my recently-installed dash cam - when running in active park mode - was interring with the range. With park mode turned off, the range increased from about 50 feet back to several hundred feet.

Tones1975

Reaction score
I just attempted to use the uconnect to remote start the truck and it failed 3 times in a row. Pretty dodgy performance for something that carries a monthly fee to use after the year trial is up.

KRField

Reaction score
I do not have the factory Navigation, but my 2018 didn't, either, and the app worked with it. In fact, it was totaled, then sold and rebuilt, and I still get the monthly UConnect emails, even though I replaced the vehicle on my Ram profile AND unsubscribed to the monthly email. It's like getting emails from a ghost. The process definitely has some bugs...

They changed radios with the DT trucks for whatever reason. It you got the 8.4 and not the 8.4C(onectivity) you no longer get Uconnect app, WiFi hotspot, or HD radio signal. It really is a step backwards, but on hey they didn’t charge me for the CD player.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine is shorter than my previous vehicle, but I honestly prefer that, I rather not have it accidentally go off while I'm at Walmart because I accidentally hit unlock while it was in my pocket.

I wish these fobs had a switch to turn them off so you don't accidentally activate them.

Reaction score
I tried U Connect, wouldn't work. It comes up my screen every time I start it but I called Chrysler and it wouldn't work and I never got a clear answer as to why.

Dynamite

Reaction score
You can always use your head as the antenna extender and get some additional distance. You know hold the key fob to your chin and click it....does work in adding some distance. I have tested this myself and use it all the time that way.

Same here sometimes against my arm and ribs at long distances.

Users who are viewing this thread