5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Start With App- Doors Unlocked

Pschne1

Reaction score
So this seems to be a new thing…when I use the app to remote start the truck when I get to the truck the engine is running (good) but the doors are also unlocked (not good). I confirmed the doors were locked before using the app, and when I come out to the truck the doors are unlocked. I also left key far away so it would not be detected. When I opened the door the alarm went off, so at least that is good, but truck is completely accessible until I get to the truck.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!

-Pete

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Not with the app, but the last 2 mornings I’ve remote started the truck, when I go outside I’ve noticed it was unlocked. I thought it was from putting my keys in my pocket, but now I’m going to pay attention and see for sure

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not with the app, but the last 2 mornings I’ve remote started the truck, when I go outside I’ve noticed it was unlocked. I thought it was from putting my keys in my pocket, but now I’m going to pay attention and see for sure
Same here with the FOB

Pschne1

Reaction score
Update: I tried remote start from both app and fob and after truck started I watched the doors unlock (was standing next to truck without fob when started). Deleted app and reinstalled but still does it. Called UConnect and as expected they said go to dealer, things might have gotten “unsynched” whatever that means. I have a service appointment in 2 weeks for oil change and a few other minor issues (brake moan, possible cracked manifold bolts) so we will see.

-Pete

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd try to remote start, wait a few seconds then lock it? I haven't had this issue with the fob (or the app on my previous '19).

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online