5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Start Settings

fastsoup

Reaction score
Howdy,

2022 Ram 1500 Limited Ecodiesel. Here in BC it's gotten really cold this last few days and I have noticed that when I do a remote start in the AM, when I get to the car a few minutes later there is no heat blasting or heated seats/steering wheel aren't on. I checked in the settings and didn't see anything regarding options...is there something I am missing?

fastsoup

Reaction score
Thanks Gents...I had it set to "remote on only" and it didn't engage...I'll have to try it again tonight and see. I'll report back.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
The heated seats and steering wheel when on the proper setting will only come on when the outside air temp is 40° or colder. I also know that when you have the climate control set to AUTO and use remote start it will not blow anything out of the vents until the engine gets up to temperature. I actually started a thread about that because I too wasn't getting anything out of the vent. I found that out through some comments that were posted. I wasn't letting the truck warm up enough before the AUTO setting would blow. HVAC auto setting problems

fastsoup

Reaction score
It definitely worked...it was operator error.

So when it's warm out, will the A/C & cooled seats kick in?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It definitely worked...it was operator error.

So when it's warm out, will the A/C & cooled seats kick in?
Yes, they will. As long as you have set that option in Uconnect. It works for me in warm weather. Not exactly sure what temperature, but I assume it follows the same rule as listed below (anything above 78 degrees).

1669843418746.png

Cristyan

Reaction score
My truck doesn't have remote start, nor does it have the "auto" option under climate control in my profile. I was wondering if I install an aftermarket remote starter, will the truck warm up when remote started during winter?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My truck doesn't have remote start, nor does it have the "auto" option under climate control in my profile. I was wondering if I install an aftermarket remote starter, will the truck warm up when remote started during winter?
The engine will warm up, and climate controls should come on for whatever they were set to when you shut the truck off.

Cristyan

Reaction score
Sorry, when I mentioned 'warm up,' I was actually referring to having the climate control system set to a comfortable temperature in cold weather.

So, in this scenario I would only have the windows defrost, heated seats, and a warmed steering wheel if I keep them on before shutting the truck off?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, when I mentioned 'warm up,' I was actually referring to having the climate control system set to a comfortable temperature in cold weather.

So, in this scenario I would only have the windows defrost, heated seats, and a warmed steering wheel if I keep them on before shutting the truck off?
You won't have heated seats, steering wheel, or rear defrost with an aftermarket remote start, unless it can be programmed to turn those on. Some can.

Cristyan

Reaction score
You won't have heated seats, steering wheel, or rear defrost with an aftermarket remote start, unless it can be programmed to turn those on. Some can.
I've had some good fortune with this. After installing the Start-X remote starter, I've noticed that during the recent cold days, the heated seats, steering wheel, and rear/front/mirror defrost all activate with the remote start, along with the "auto" air-conditioning, rather than maintaining the settings I had when I turned off the truck.

As I mentioned earlier, I don't have an "auto" option under climate control in my profile. I'm not sure if this is the truck's default behavior or if the remote module came with some programming for these features.

Users who are viewing this thread