5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start - setting up for heated seats, wheel, etc...

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
I have looked through past threads and it seems that the heated seats (and wheel I assume?) turn on when it's below 40. But having just bought this truck not long ago (and living in Canada), what happens when it gets hot out?

Right now, when I remote start the Rebel, the heated seats are on max, the heated wheel turns on, along with the rear defroster and the heater is on max heat and max fan speed. But will the opposite happen in the summer? As in, will max AC turn on???

How great would it be too if the truck could be programmed to close the pano roof sunshade thingy when the temp gets too hot with the truck "off" and parked? Wishful thinking....

Last edited:
Not 40 below....below 40.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have looked through past threads and it seems that the heated seats (and wheel I assume?) turn on when it's 40 below. But having just bought this truck not long ago (and living in Canada), what happens when it gets hot out?

Right now, when I remote start the Rebel, the heated seats are on max, the heated wheel turns on, along with the rear defroster and the heater is on max heat and max fan speed. But will the opposite happen in the summer? As in, will max AC turn on???

How great would it be too if the truck could be programmed to close the pano roof sunshade thingy when the temp gets too hot with the truck "off" and parked? Wishful thinking....
For those of us with ventilated seats, the driver’s seat fan will turn on (and the A/C will come on, of course).

With Auto-On Drivers Heated/Vented Seats and Steering Wheel with Vehicle Start enabled Remote Starts or All Starts...In the manual, it states that temp above 80F (26.7C), the drivers vented seat will turn on. Don't think the A/C heater adjusts here, it will be whatever it was when you turned the vehicle off.

I have looked through past threads and it seems that the heated seats (and wheel I assume?) turn on when it's below 40. But having just bought this truck not long ago (and living in Canada), what happens when it gets hot out?

There is an option to turn on/off heated seats and steering wheel with remote start in settings

the temperature you set is where the vehicle will respond to both heat and drivers seat for cold weather and cool and drivers seat for hot weather all automatic.

Manual says the default is 40F and below to get heat, and 80F and above you get vented.

Yep. Very handy, although I wish the temps were user-configurable in UConnect.
Agreed. I find that 40 degrees is too low for the set point to turn the heated wheel on. I'd rather see mid-40's. I'm sure other people have their own ideal temp for that. Being able to adjust that would be real nice.

Agreed. I find that 40 degrees is too low for the set point to turn the heated wheel on. I'd rather see mid-40's. I'm sure other people have their own ideal temp for that. Being able to adjust that would be real nice.
Ha! I’m the opposite. Wish the seat would come on sooner, I use mine all the time even if it’s 70 outside. :p

Yep. Very handy, although I wish the temps were user-configurable in UConnect.
Me too!

I'm glad this thread exists though... I've been thinking there was an issue with mine... it was working fine a couple weeks ago - and lately hasnt been working. I didn't realize until reading this thread it's only under 40 :(

Anything under 50 is cold in my neck of the woods tumble weeds.

Not having the user interface is definitely 1st world problem...I get it, and would be nice, but it only takes 3 touches of the touch screen that is inches away to turn on the heated seat and steering wheel. We some spoiled people.
I bought my truck just before Christmas, and it's been a chilly winter for us (south La.) and haven't gotten the vented seats default come into play much, but I am looking forward to having that luxury this spring/summer.

Not having the user interface is definitely 1st world problem...I get it, and would be nice, but it only takes 3 touches of the touch screen that is inches away to turn on the heated seat and steering wheel. We some spoiled people.
I bought my truck just before Christmas, and it's been a chilly winter for us (south La.) and haven't gotten the vented seats default come into play much, but I am looking forward to having that luxury this spring/summer.
I get it. But... The more we can automate some tasks, the more focused folks can be focused on driving, instead of having to tap three times on a screen (which you need to look at for this to happen). You know that no matter what, some people will be fiddling with it when driving, and I don't want to be around them when they do :oops:

That's the difference versus having a physical button that you can feel by touch, and since UConnect is a computer, it would be something they can easily program into it. Also convenient. Agree with you, first world problems, but useful nonetheless.

Cheers,

The whole point of the feature is to have the climate set prior to entering vehicle.

Hell, why not just wear a thicker jacket and not rely on the heater.

My first world efforts, resulting in first world money, nets first world results.

BTW, I must live in an even better first world... I don't have to touch a screen three times. I can touch two buttons, one time each.

Hell, why not just wear a thicker jacket and not rely on the heater.
Funny you mention that...My wife bought me an electric jacket that has a USB you plug a battery pack in and warms up like an electric blanket! She got it for being on the water in my boat during the fall and winter months, which is when I do most of my fishing down in the marsh for specks. Works fantastic!

I came from wrapping my feet in newspaper and sticking them in ya boot for insulation for warmth, so the inconvenience of touching a screen 3 times to warm my hands and a$$ doesn't bother me too much.

I was pissed when the seat/wheel heat wasn't coming on via remote start even though I had it set that way on uconnect. Then I read that it needed to be 40F first (it was 45ish the days I didn't see it working). However, today was 30F and it read so on the external temp display but it still didn't come on with remote start. Ugh, I hate having to make a service appointment for such a minor issue.

Glad I stumbled upon this thread. I just bought a 2019 Laramie and used remote start for the first time this morning and it was 43 degrees. I was like how the heck do I get the heated seats and steering wheel to come on!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back