5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start - keyfob feedback

Neokane

Reaction score
So, searched the owners manual and didnt find anything.
Does the key fob give a feedback or blink the led if the truck starts or doesn't?
Couldn't find anything.

Neokane

Reaction score
Well that is ridiculous..

My wife's 17 outback has a beep and flashing light on her OEM remote start when the car is running. It beeps a few more times or something if it doesn't start.

ponypride

Reaction score
Well that is ridiculous..

My wife's 17 outback has a beep and flashing light on her OEM remote start when the car is running. It beeps a few more times or something if it doesn't start.
It is not uncommon. I have a 2016 Honda Pilot and the key fob has no indicators that the vehicle has been started. I just look out the window and if the rear LED lights flash after engaging the remote start, I know the engine will kick on.

DBCrew

Reaction score
So the indicator light on the key fob just blinks to let you know the button was pressed? I wonder why they even added it:unsure:

PTRAM

Reaction score
Since my Ram has no garage, I just look out my window sitting below me and see some lights coming on and then the sweet sound of that Hemi starting up!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the indicator light on the key fob just blinks to let you know the button was pressed? I wonder why they even added it:unsure:

Easy way to see if your fob battery is dead?

Neokane

Reaction score
Pretty sure your instrument cluster also tells you your battery is low.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you watch the keyfob led when you push the start button on the dashboard, it blinks.

I’ve heard if you watch the led while using the proximity enter feature (if equipped Laramie/limited) it also blinks

Neokane

Reaction score
So why wouldn't they program it to blink when it has remote started.. just odd.
Most decent aftermarket remote starts and some oem one provide feedback now adays

Brent T

Reaction score
It because the command start only works from 30ft away. You can hear it start! Lol. That’s about the only thing I’m disappointed in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/