5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

remote start ineffective??

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i think what im talking about is not called auto climate but more like auto on confort, there is no button for that its in the setting

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i think what im talking about is not called auto climate but more like auto on confort, there is no button for that its in the setting
When you use remote start, the HVAC controls will come in accordingly based on outside temp. Regardless of what you have set for auto controls in menu. That only controls the heated seat and steering wheel coming in.

Since it's not really "cold" where OP is, the heat isn't going to come in full blast because it doesn't need to. Older vehicles, the HVAC will turn in to whatever the setting was when vehicle was turned off

kzielu

Reaction score
i don’t ever utilize that button.
Than what do you expect ? Auto regulates fan speed to achieve faster heating / cooling of the cabin (assuming engine has enough heat in the case of heating). If it's off, it will just be at whatever (likely low) fan speed you set it to and of course won't be warm in the cabin in case of you remote start. Turn it on, it will do magic for you. Climate control in a car makes the most sense if you use that button.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Than what do you expect ? Auto regulates fan speed to achieve faster heating / cooling of the cabin (assuming engine has enough heat in the case of heating). If it's off, it will just be at whatever (likely low) fan speed you set it to and of course won't be warm in the cabin in case of you remote start. Turn it on, it will do magic for you. Climate control in a car makes the most sense if you use that button.
That's not how the HVAC works when using remote start.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
i don’t ever utilize the “auto” button. i just adjust the climate control’s accordingly to whatever floats my boat during the time being.
Ok but the same principle may still apply

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
as i said.. i’m from South Texas and 45 - 55 degrees is considered semi cold/chilly
Chilly... snicker..... snort..... chuckle.....
i don’t ever utilize the “auto” button. i just adjust the climate control’s accordingly to whatever floats my boat during the time being.
It's not the auto button. It is a setting in your Uconnect radio. I don't believe these systems (defrost, heated seats, heated steering wheel) until the temp is below 40 degrees. 45-55 and your truck thinks it's warm and cozy out.

KCURTMAR91

Reaction score
auto is useless, these trucks have the worst AC systems (maybe it improved in later years, but mine sucks!) 15 yr old toyota is smarter, auto will actually wait till the air in warm and control the volume and not blast cold air, or super hot air. I'm with you, not finding a need for auto.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
auto is useless, these trucks have the worst AC systems (maybe it improved in later years, but mine sucks!) 15 yr old toyota is smarter, auto will actually wait till the air in warm and control the volume and not blast cold air, or super hot air. I'm with you, not finding a need for auto.
maybe yours is broken? mine waits before its warm before blasting air,

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine doesnt blast the air in "auto" until engine is up to temp in winter. Summer it kicks in with A/C quickly

Dewey

Reaction score
Last three RAM’s I have set my temp at 67 degrees and they have lived on Auto the entire time I owned them. Never found a need to mess with the climate controls all the time except maybe defrost once in awhile. Auto does what it needs to do for me summer or winter.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Last three RAM’s I have set my temp at 67 degrees and they have lived on Auto the entire time I owned them. Never found a need to mess with the climate controls all the time except maybe defrost once in awhile. Auto does what it needs to do for me summer or winter.
Same, but mine stays at 72 in winter and 68 in summer.

ramhouston

Reaction score
i want to do the same but hate when the auto turns off my recirculation Lol. last thing i want is unwanted odors and or particles coming into my cabin.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i want to do the same but hate when the auto turns off my recirculation Lol. last thing i want is unwanted odors and or particles coming into my cabin.
You have a cabin air filter. Get the charcoal type and it helps with odors. It's also not good to leave recirculation on the whole time. Especially in winter

Dewey

Reaction score
Well, when it actually gets cold out, try warming it up then and let us know how it goes.

55? Really? I'm hitting the AC button if the sun is shining through the windshield.
The other day the temps finally reached 40 and I had to fully open my pano sunroof to cool off.🥵😆

Users who are viewing this thread