5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start in cold weather

Rebel_driver

Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies. To clarify my issue… I’m not wanting to remote start my truck at 9.8v or something ridiculously low.

I just noticed that when the truck sits in cold winter like temperatures it won’t remote start. If I go into the truck and start it with the push button, it starts no problem. I have set my display to show the battery voltage, it’s always above 12v on start up. This issue has been happening since the truck was new. Like someone suggested the parameters may need to be updated.

Psylence340

Reaction score
My truck began doing this a few days ago. I remote start every morning, its been in the teens between 14 to 19 the last few mornings and it refuses to start; lights flash, mirrors fold out, nothing happens, mirrors fold back and gives up, no remote start messages on the dash but starts strong from inside. Like now I'm getting ready to leave work, its 32 out and it started up just fine no problem.

loc8or

Reaction score
Does anyone know what a dealer charges for the update for this? .I'm out of factory warranty and assuming you can't do it yourself.
Is there a specific update I should ask for?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most want to charge diagnostic before they will do the update it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread