5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Start Feedback?

robrob

Reaction score
On my f150, when I activated remote start, the fob would light up green to indicate success, or red if it failed. The Ram fob does not :/ Is there a setting I can enable somewhere to get similar functionality, or do I just have to keep crossing my fingers and hoping it worked?

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my f150, when I activated remote start, the fob would light up green to indicate success, or red if it failed. The Ram fob does not :/ Is there a setting I can enable somewhere to get similar functionality, or do I just have to keep crossing my fingers and hoping it worked?

Huh? Your horn beeps that feed back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I disabled the beep - don’t want to annoy neighbours with a beep at 6am or something....
But usually a few seconds after I remote start it, I can hear and feel the Hemi rumble to life.

robrob

Reaction score
Huh? Your horn beeps that feed back

I usually can't hear the horn when i am in my office. There is already an LED on the remote, i t would be nice if it gave visual confirmation, imo.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The horn honk/light flash from the truck is the only feedback available. The Ram's remote is not 2-way (as the Ford must be), so there is nothing you can do to get confirmation on the remote.

If you have XM Guardian you can use the phone app to start your truck and it will confirm command received/truck started, but my experience with the app (on my Charger), it was hit or miss.

robrob

Reaction score
lol yeah, i could get dressed, have my morning coffee, and walkoutside and check in the time it takes the guardian app to do its thing (good news is i don't have too worry about the $25/mo fee next year ;)

figured the remote was probably not two-way. if there was a suggestion box somewhere, i'd request that for next year- i found it quite handy.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It does not. I have the beeps disabled, but I typically get to a place where I can see the truck and watch the turn signals flash to confirm the signal was received.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
lol yeah, i could get dressed, have my morning coffee, and walkoutside and check in the time it takes the guardian app to do its thing (good news is i don't have too worry about the $25/mo fee next year ;)

figured the remote was probably not two-way. if there was a suggestion box somewhere, i'd request that for next year- i found it quite handy.

Yea that gaurdian is garbage they dropped the ball bad on that charging that much for remote start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread