5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start and Climate Control

wsutard1

Reaction score
Can someone confirm for me what happens with the climate control when you remote start your truck?

Past few days I’ve remote started my truck and got in after about 8 minutes and it has had a cold interior. Just today I noticed that the climate control was “off” during remote start. when I pressed the ignition button the climate control then turned on to the last setting used.
I thought remote start still turned climate control on.

n8zcc

Reaction score
I leave my climate control set to auto. If enabled in Uconnect screen, remote start will turn on the seat and steering wheel heater plus front/rear defrost if the temperature is 40 degrees F and below.

If the temperature is 78 degrees or warmer, the climate setting will default to max A/C and turn on the driver's seat venting.

Temperatures between 40 and 78 will set the climate to the last setting. This is all assuming you have auto climate and heated mirrors, steering wheel, and heated/vented seats.

wsutard1

Reaction score
I leave my climate control set to auto. If enabled in Uconnect screen, remote start will turn on the seat and steering wheel heater plus front/rear defrost if the temperature is 40 degrees F and below.

If the temperature is 78 degrees or warmer, the climate setting will default to max A/C and turn on the driver's seat venting.

Temperatures between 40 and 78 will set the climate to the last setting. This is all assuming you have auto climate and heated mirrors, steering wheel, and heated/vented seats.
Thanks. Seems like mine is messed up then since remote start doesn’t turn the climate control on to the last setting.

Users who are viewing this thread