5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start alarm

Reaction score
The other day, going to work early in the morning, I went out to the garage, put some stuff in the back seat, opened the garage door and went back inside to bundle up. Figured I'd start the truck with my fob to get it warming up while I put on my shoes and coat. Immediately the horn started honking and all the lights flashing...almost like setting off the car alarm. Pushing buttons on the fob didn't stop this ruckus. Ran out to the garage (this was 5:30 in the morning and I really didn't want to disturb my neighbors) and realized I had one of the back doors latched but not fully closed. Opening and reclosing the door finally stopped everything. If I remember correctly my old Ram just wouldn't remote start if that open door condition existed. Is there a way to turn off this incredibly stupid feature? I have the typical horn honk on remote start already turned off.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The other day, going to work early in the morning, I went out to the garage, put some stuff in the back seat, opened the garage door and went back inside to bundle up. Figured I'd start the truck with my fob to get it warming up while I put on my shoes and coat. Immediately the horn started honking and all the lights flashing...almost like setting off the car alarm. Pushing buttons on the fob didn't stop this ruckus. Ran out to the garage (this was 5:30 in the morning and I really didn't want to disturb my neighbors) and realized I had one of the back doors latched but not fully closed. Opening and reclosing the door finally stopped everything. If I remember correctly my old Ram just wouldn't remote start if that open door condition existed. Is there a way to turn off this incredibly stupid feature? I have the typical horn honk on remote start already turned off.
That's interesting. Never had that happen. But no, there is no way to turn that off.

Scram1500

Reaction score
The door might have been closed just enough to allow remote start. Then once the heater came on, air from the vents forced the door open

Reaction score
The door might have been closed just enough to allow remote start. Then once the heater came on, air from the vents forced the door open
The truck didn't start...it just set off the horn and lights. Scared the crap out of me and I'm sure my neighbors weren't too happy.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Maybe you inadvertently hit the panic button. I'd try to recreate the situation and see what happens with an open door

Epi257

Reaction score
I had the same issue. I had to replace my battery because it was in “Fair” condition, according to my battery tester. Another blog I read also showed that the possible cause it the voltage dropped too low before a start condition could be done.

Users who are viewing this thread