5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Start Accessory

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mopar has released the Remote Start kit for non-air suspension and non-remote tailgate trucks. I'm blown away at the installation instructions - replace the hood latch, remove both rear seats, and tear into the upper center console among others. Fun read if you're waiting on your Ram, especially if you have remote start from the factory.

https://moparonlineparts.com/1500-remote-start-p-8846.html

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A few gems from the instructions:
1. The key "fobs" are referred to as FOBIKs. No idea what that means.
2. "NOTE: Do not put a laptop or any wireless device (cell phones, audio devices etc.) near the top of the center console (a passive entry antenna is located below the center console)." Good to know.
3. While tearing out the back end, they have a line drawing of the sub that I've not seen before. It's larger than I thought:
1500sub.JPG

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This got me to wondering why does remote start have a new hood latch with wiring?

The only answer I can come up with is so that you can't remote start the truck when the Jiffy Lube guy has his hand in the fan belt.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This got me to wondering why does remote start have a new hood latch with wiring?

The only answer I can come up with is so that you can't remote start the truck when the Jiffy Lube guy has his hand in the fan belt.

Exactly...liability....doesn't allow the truck be started with the hood open

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly...liability....doesn't allow the truck be started with the hood open
We unwittingly tested this out at the dealership. The sales rep remote-started the truck as we were walking towards it, and we started looking the vehicle over. When I popped the hood, the truck shut off. Good safety feature.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
We unwittingly tested this out at the dealership. The sales rep remote-started the truck as we were walking towards it, and we started looking the vehicle over. When I popped the hood, the truck shut off. Good safety feature.
Indeed. Glad they thought of that.

Users who are viewing this thread