5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start/AC on or off?

Knight.

Reaction score
This is my first vehicle with remote start feature. I’m use the old days of turning your ac off before leaving the car so the compressor doesn’t go bad.

Do you guys leave the ac on so it cools the truck down if you use the remote start on the remote?

I’m just checking to see if I’ll damage the ac by doing this.

Thanks

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just leave it in auto pretty much all the time and let it do it's thing (if you have auto). And I've done this with every vehicle I've ever owned. Never replaced an AC compressor. You're not going to damage anything.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
You won't damage anything by leaving it on. It's not like the olden days where as soon as the ignition was set to run, the AC clutch had power, engine cranking or not. Now it gets an AC request and then a bunch of computers conspire and decide if it's okay, and then the clutch gets powered up to engage.

That being said, I generally shut off my AC around the corner from my house so any ice on the evaporator has time to melt and the evaporator case has a chance to dry out. It reduces that weird smell when the AC comes on.

Users who are viewing this thread