5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote dampened tailgate on the Rebel?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was just looking at some early propaganda from my salesman, obsessively thinking about my new Rebel (like all of us do) and came accross an interesting mention of a remote dampened tailgate in the list of options. I have never heard of that being standard or an option in anything other than the Longhorn or Limited.

Anyone else get the same pdf from their salesman?

Screenshot_20180701-211847_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

FLG8R

Reaction score
I was just looking at some early propaganda from my salesman, obsessively thinking about my new Rebel (like all of us do) and came accross an interesting mention of a remote dampened tailgate in the list of options. I have never heard of that being standard or an option in anything other than the Longhorn or Limited.

Anyone else get the same pdf from their salesman?

View attachment 1108
I'm sure you already know that the dampened tailgate is standard across the board now. As for the remote part its available from the Laramie Quad Cab w/ Level 1 on up the ranks. What I'm surprised you didn't pickup (pardon the pun) on was the starting price of $58,595 for a Quad Cab 4x4 (this is the only way the Quad Cab comes is as a 4x4). Its actually $44,695/$46340 w/shipping. My guess would be thats probably a Canadian brochure/flyer.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My guess would be thats probably a Canadian brochure/flyer.

It and I are both Canucks, I've just never seen the remote dampened function listed as standard for the Rebel. Unless it's considered so insignificant that it's not mentioned at some trim levels.

FLG8R

Reaction score
It and I are both Canucks, I've just never seen the remote dampened function listed as standard for the Rebel. Unless it's considered so insignificant that it's not mentioned at some trim levels.
Have you tried the Canadian build and price site to see if it shows up there as part of Level 1 or 2? It doesn't on the US site. I noticed the Sport Model up there had some deviations in appearance from the US models.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It doesn't specify it as part of any package... 1 or 2, but I wonder if it's a perk of getting the dual pane pano sunroof which comes with the premium overhead console?

Screenshot_20180701-232916_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20180701-233002_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20180701-233105_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that the wording is confusing. By remote dampened I think they mean that the dampener is hidden unlike the tailgate assist people put on their trucks which mount to the tailgate and box side externally. I''ve always seen the key fob system referred to as the Remote RELEASE tailgate which is available on Laramie and up models as mentioned.

FLG8R

Reaction score
I think that the wording is confusing. By remote dampened I think they mean that the dampener is hidden unlike the tailgate assist people put on their trucks which mount to the tailgate and box side externally. I''ve always seen the key fob system referred to as the Remote RELEASE tailgate which is available on Laramie and up models as mentioned.
As you already know from listening to me whine about wheres my truck a thought came to mind that as my truck is built but stuck in I status I do have the Build Sheets. So the part about RELEASE made some sense of this. But when I just checked my build sheets (and as you know about the only thing they don't mention on these things is probably plastic valve caps) the wording is simply "Dampened Tailgate" with no mention of remote or release. I would probably come to the conclusion that the Ad Campaign boss got a little to wrapped up in his work and just erred.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
As you already know from listening to me whine about wheres my truck a thought came to mind that as my truck is built but stuck in I status I do have the Build Sheets. So the part about RELEASE made some sense of this. But when I just checked my build sheets (and as you know about the only thing they don't mention on these things is probably plastic valve caps) the wording is simply "Dampened Tailgate" with no mention of remote or release. I would probably come to the conclusion that the Ad Campaign boss got a little to wrapped up in his work and just erred.

More than likely. I do hope you get your truck soon, I wouldn't be too impressed either. If it makes you guys feel any better I can tell you that trying to figure out FCAs press releases for things such as option availability etc is like trying to decipher the da vinci code as well.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure you already know that the dampened tailgate is standard across the board now

Is that a recent change for US models? According to the brochure the dampened tailgate is only standard for Rebel and up, optional on BigHorn w Level 2. Though it says Tradesman can package it, there are no indications anywhere else this is possible. Has it truly moved across all models as standard?

the wording is simply "Dampened Tailgate" with no mention of remote or release

Here’s the brochure wording, BigHorn and Laramie are pointed out. This US brochure doesn’t cover you Canucks up north, but maybe it helps with terminlogy.

3DBE5C2F-6ADE-42D9-A8E2-F850E4186895.jpeg

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dampened is good enough for me:). Yeah our Canadian brochure is like 7 pages whereas the USA ones like 40 plus.....guess we saving trees in Canada:LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread