5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Access

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything on the 2019 Ram yet regarding this - but does FCA have any type of remote access features/system in the works?As well as using my keyfob to remote start/unlock/lock my F150 - I have an app on my phone that can do all that, from a much further distance. Anyone know of any FCA offerings like this?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
I haven't seen anything on the 2019 Ram yet regarding this - but does FCA have any type of remote access features/system in the works?As well as using my keyfob to remote start/unlock/lock my F150 - I have an app on my phone that can do all that, from a much further distance. Anyone know of any FCA offerings like this?
That is on the 2019 Ram 1500s as well and has been offered on the current Ram since 2013 I believe as part of UConnect access.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! Looks to be a bit pricey at $20/month, but good to know it's offered. It runs me $50/year on my F150...newer F150s with Sync Connect are free for the first 5 years.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One of the features I use is to look up addresses on my iPad and send the directly to my trucks navigation system. Very convenient

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm with Firecadet, I also have Ford remote access for $50 a year and it works great. My wife's 2017 Escape has the newer version with more bells and whistles, free for 5 years. The price FCA wants seems ridiculously high. I do see on their website that you can get it for $150 a year, but still that's $750 over 5 years that you don't have to pay with a Ford.

https://www.driveuconnect.com/uconnectaccess.html

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen Ford Pass and I do think it's a nice feature to have. It's also great that you get it for free for 5 years, hopefully something FCA follows suit with, I believe it's 1 year free as of now.

Unfortunately UConnect access wasn't available in the 4th generation Rams up in Canada as I would have at least liked to have tried it out. Funnily enough some of the same features, remote start, lock and unlock doors and send directions to the car are available for my little 2012 Chevrolet Cruze through their OnStar app, but that is $40 a month so forget that.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
I have seen Ford Pass and I do think it's a nice feature to have. It's also great that you get it for free for 5 years, hopefully something FCA follows suit with, I believe it's 1 year free as of now.

Unfortunately UConnect access wasn't available in the 4th generation Rams up in Canada as I would have at least liked to have tried it out. Funnily enough some of the same features, remote start, lock and unlock doors and send directions to the car are available for my little 2012 Chevrolet Cruze through their OnStar app, but that is $40 a month so forget that.
Do you at least have satellite radio coverage? No coverage at all here =(

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
VectorZ said:
Do you at least have satellite radio coverage? No coverage at all here =(
We do, you actually just reminded me that I need to call and cancel my SiriusXM subscription before it renews.
icon_lol.gif

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Before 2017 and the Ford Pass rollout (which I've heard some have had issues), there was remote access. A Ford accessory I was able to install for around $300 and it included a shock sensor, so not only can I start/lock/unlock/find my truck - it'll text/email me if the shock sensor goes off or a door/window is breached.

Remote Access is a $50/yr fee, Ford Pass is free for the first 5 years, I'm not sure the cost after that. Sounds like the Uconnect access gives you some more features, but I'm not sure I'd use them. I just like being able to start my truck from further away than the key can reach and get confirmation it started.

Users who are viewing this thread