5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Released by plant. No dealer ETA???????

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anybody help me try to figure out exactly what this means for my rebel. Is it on its way to dealer or stuck in another stage of purgatory 🤔

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anybody help me try to figure out exactly what this means for my rebel. Is it on its way to dealer or stuck in another stage of purgatory 🤔

I'm not sure why, but some trucks do seem to sit in "storage" waiting to be shipped for longer than others. I'm sure it has to do with the logistics of it, but I know I've seen some sit for weeks (from other posts seen on here) before getting transported. Definitely seems like high volume dealers have theirs shipped pretty quick, which would make sense.

There are others here who know a lot more about it than I do, maybe they will give their opinion on it.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope it doesn’t sit too long. It says released. I’m hoping that means it is on some sort of transport making it’s way to the east coast

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope it doesn’t sit too long. It says released. I’m hoping that means it is on some sort of transport making it’s way to the east coast
I guess it would depend on what stage of released it is, here are the codes that were posted on here regarding that:

Starting at KZ

ram build codes.png

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m on phone with ram chat. Trying to get more info than text chat

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely not🤬. She just guaranteed that my truck has shipped. She said she won’t get another update till my truck reaches the dealer. Don’t know how good of news this is. I will be all over the dealer tomorrow

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Absolutely not🤬. She just guaranteed that my truck has shipped. She said she won’t get another update till my truck reaches the dealer. Don’t know how good of news this is. I will be all over the dealer tomorrow
Not sure how much good this will do. The dealer has no say over when your truck will arrive to them. It might make you feel better to vent, but it could also just make them feel less obligated to help you out when they do have control over something in the future. I'm of the opinion that it's better to maintain a friendly relationship with my dealer rather than an antagonistic one.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No 💯 percent. I am personal friends with the owner. I don’t like to bother him so I try to let the salesman do his job. I was told that once the truck ships that there was some things they could do do speed up delivery. We will find out later on today and I’ll let you guys know what they say

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Talked to my friend at dealership. He is ending my vin to the zone rep to see what can be done🙏 I’ll keep you guys posted

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Talked to my friend at dealership. He is ending my vin to the zone rep to see what can be done🙏 I’ll keep you guys posted
Did they say how they can speed it up? I figured the logistics of getting it to your dealer is contracted out to a third party carrier.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He didn’t say anything except speaking to the zone rep. That’s all I was told. ASAP I’ll keep you posted

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So according to the salesman they called it a hot tag. They have an eta of 6/11-6/16. That is before any type of speeding things up. I’ll keep you guys posted

Users who are viewing this thread