5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Registration Fees

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I sure am glad I'm in Florida also .
Fl registers the trucks by weight. Newer rams are getting classed as heavy trucks and go commercial rates. Not that cheap, about 3 times as much as a regular car.

Therealdarkknight

Reaction score
Yet another reason why people are leaving Calif. in droves.
This is highly ignorant. Registration for my truck in Arizona for one year was over $1,100 when I first bought it. My second year was $1098. My 4 year old Honda Civic Type R was $349. I would love to have the cheaper registration.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
My renewal in July here in Arizona was $8 for the registration fee. But when you add in the Vehicle License Tax it totaled $642.17, for one year. They get you one way or the other.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I moved from Ca to AZ back in 2004 I thought man it is going to be nice to not pay CA registrations fees. Turns out AZ is worse than CA. My initial registration on my 2021 Laramie was just a tick over $1000. I'm guessing next year it's going to be over $800.
I simply cannot wrap my head around these numbers just to put a vehicle on the road. The whole registration thing is unnecessary IMO and this is just straight up theft. Who has that kind of money just sitting around...it's like the haves and the have nots.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I simply cannot wrap my head around these numbers just to put a vehicle on the road. The whole registration thing is unnecessary IMO and this is just straight up theft. Who has that kind of money just sitting around...it's like the haves and the have nots.
what is your property tax?
or your heating bill in the winter?
now that is unnecessary.

dalailama23

Reaction score
Fl registers the trucks by weight. Newer rams are getting classed as heavy trucks and go commercial rates. Not that cheap, about 3 times as much as a regular car.
Some dealers are registering the trucks with the rated total gross vehicle weight not with what the truck actually weigh . they did this to my 2015 but not my 2019. If you don't routinely carry mounted heavy equipment and use your truck only for personal use and its a 1500 you can go to a weigh station and get a certified weight if its under 5900 lbs go to the tag place and the will change it. I did this and it reduced my fee to around 78 dollars.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some dealers are registering the trucks with the rated total gross vehicle weight not with what the truck actually weigh . they did this to my 2015 but not my 2019. If you don't routinely carry mounted heavy equipment and use your truck only for personal use and its a 1500 you can go to a weigh station and get a certified weight if its under 5900 lbs go to the tag place and the will change it. I did this and it reduced my fee to around 78 dollars.
Thank you for this heads up!

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Pa registered all my 1500s as class 2.

Same with the ram. It’s $95 annually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In Central CA here and I paid the following for my cars last year:

1. 2020 Ram = $786
2. 2017 Ford Explorer = $490
3. 1964 Plymouth = $232

Now for the upcoming year, it will be the Yukon(Explorer Replacement) and I am guessing it will be around $1000 or so as its purchase price was higher than the Ram.

I know it seems high, but we don't get taxed on the vehicles yearly like other states. I think ends up being a wash 🤷‍♂️

On a side note, when I first started driving I have 1963 Plymouth and the year registration was $37 a year. That started changing around the time we had Arnold as Gov as there was changes on the registration fees. (n)

Users who are viewing this thread