5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REGEN Pages Added To MY2022

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would have expected to see the message or indicator that says "Regeneration in process..." (or similar). Never saw any such indication. From what I am reading in the manual, you should see this message during normal operation and regeneration is ongoing. Is that incorrect?
Yes, that is incorrect. You will see that message only if the DPF gets to 80% and it kicks on the forced regen and then during that particular regen it will countdown until it get's to 9%. After that you will not get any regen messages unless it get's to 80% again.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The GDE tune added the messages to the EVIC screen on my 2021. I have had it come up
twice now. Once driving home from getting the Tune Installed and another time on the
way to work. Lasted about 10-12 minutes

Malodave

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The GDE tune added the messages to the EVIC screen on my 2021. I have had it come up
twice now. Once driving home from getting the Tune Installed and another time on the
way to work. Lasted about 10-12 minutes

Malodave
I wonder if the regen stuff is in the latest update and if it can be enabled with Alfa OBD. I searched through the app but didn’t see any options for it under the 1500dt trucks.

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great feedback on the subject. I can say this. To all of you who actually are in possession of your trucks--enjoy your ride. For us other folks who are (mostly) patiently awaiting their truck's arrival, hang in there we'll be rolling big before we know it.

There are all kinds of new truck options on the market today. You are here because you have come to the conclusion that RAM 1500 is the best truck for the money. Glad to be in great company on this forum.💪🏆🎯

Doofus74

Reaction score
So here are some photos of the regen. I have a 2022 and you can see the miles and the factory as new DPF filter gauge. I’m using this along with my CTS 3 gauge. Note during this in the various photos, it shows the status and never full in the factory gauge. I’m not sure if it is learning as truck has regenerated 2 now that I know for sure. Anyways the photos show me also at 60% on my scan gauge when I pulled over and shifted to park and shut down. I then restarted and it when back to regenerating again until done. The truck instrument gauge will go down to zero or nothing showing.
The CTS 3 is showing active regen when the number changes to a 1. Zero and no regenerate is occurring. I tried getting lots of photos so others can tell f no scan gauge. I didn’t get the all cleaned photos and it just finished when I pulled into work.

The stock truck gauge will show active regen in progress once it starts and you WILL NOT be able to see the “gauge” until it stops. It takes a few more miles after or maybe another trip to show zero. Hope this helps?

Attachments

• FD47D27C-28AA-4379-BFCA-07AC50E65205.jpeg
    FD47D27C-28AA-4379-BFCA-07AC50E65205.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 60
  • B99CFB1B-A70A-4FE4-B9FE-2D62F17BD036.jpeg
    B99CFB1B-A70A-4FE4-B9FE-2D62F17BD036.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 8C20AD9B-EE9F-4E67-A6A6-89E499156904.jpeg
    8C20AD9B-EE9F-4E67-A6A6-89E499156904.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 1942F0A9-D8B8-4D82-95EE-E71C16CEA59E.jpeg
    1942F0A9-D8B8-4D82-95EE-E71C16CEA59E.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 57
  • EB40DCB1-A44E-40D0-95C1-16FDB84057DA.jpeg
    EB40DCB1-A44E-40D0-95C1-16FDB84057DA.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 53
  • B082C207-ABD8-46D7-8351-D27489B4F407.jpeg
    B082C207-ABD8-46D7-8351-D27489B4F407.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 48
  • B0AEFEF4-A46A-4357-9AEA-63D94128B105.jpeg
    B0AEFEF4-A46A-4357-9AEA-63D94128B105.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 59

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
So here are some photos of the regen. I have a 2022 and you can see the miles and the factory as new DPF filter gauge. I’m using this along with my CTS 3 gauge. Note during this in the various photos, it shows the status and never full in the factory gauge. I’m not sure if it is learning as truck has regenerated 2 now that I know for sure. Anyways the photos show me also at 60% on my scan gauge when I pulled over and shifted to park and shut down. I then restarted and it when back to regenerating again until done. The truck instrument gauge will go down to zero or nothing showing.
The CTS 3 is showing active regen when the number changes to a 1. Zero and no regenerate is occurring. I tried getting lots of photos so others can tell f no scan gauge. I didn’t get the all cleaned photos and it just finished when I pulled into work.

The stock truck gauge will show active regen in progress once it starts and you WILL NOT be able to see the “gauge” until it stops. It takes a few more miles after or maybe another trip to show zero. Hope this helps?
Thanks, this is what I was understanding would be the case with the stock indicators for MY22. Nice to see that we get to see the status at beginning and end phases of REGEN in its normal operating ranges.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks for posting as I knew they had it on the new Jeeps and was certain there would come a time when they had this on the Rams. Who wants to make a bet Stellantis will come out with a deal for those of us who own 2020-2021 model year Ecodiesels..."Pay us $499 (or some other ridiculous price) and we'll upgrade the software so it shows on your cluster too."

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I’m pretty sure I don’t have that on my ‘22 laramie with the 7” instrument cluster screen. Where are you finding that in the settings?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Merry Chrismas Doofus74!

If I look at your first pic of the regen pages it indicates D6-1 and then the fourth pic indicates D6-6 locked...your vehicle appears to have a 6-speed tranny. In that case you're running a 2500/3500 as the 3rd Gen Ecodiesels all have 8-spped trannies. Also, the 2021/2022 2500/3500 series do have the display but the 1500's don't appear to have it yet.

What truck are those pics from? According to a post back on 21 November you're running a 2021 Ram 3500 truck with a great, big "C" on top of the engine...not an Ecodiesel. Or did you trade the 3500?

Last edited:

Doofus74

Reaction score
Merry Chrismas Doofus74!

If I look at your first pic of the regen pages it indicates D6-1 and then the fourth pic indicates D6-6 locked...your vehicle appears to have a 6-speed tranny. In that case you're running a 2500/3500 as the 3rd Gen Ecodiesels all have 8-spped trannies. Also, the 2021/2022 2500/3500 series do have the display but the 1500's don't appear to have it yet.

What truck are those pics from? According to a post back on 21 November you're running a 2021 Ram 3500 truck with a great, big "C" on top of the engine...not an Ecodiesel. Or did you trade the 3500?
The truck is a 2022 3500 with the 6 speed standard output Cummins. The gauge can be found in the information pages that you can cycle thru with the left right arrow buttons in in the correct page. It will be somewhere in there with the engine hours, tire pressure, engine temps, boost, exhaust brake, etc. The gauge doesn’t seem to be accurate and maybe it will never be. But as you can see when it’s about 1/4-1/3 it will be regen soon and it does go to zero on the gauge.

Doofus74

Reaction score
The truck is a 2022 3500 with the 6 speed standard output Cummins. The gauge can be found in the information pages that you can cycle thru with the left right arrow buttons in in the correct page. It will be somewhere in there with the engine hours, tire pressure, engine temps, boost, exhaust brake, etc. The gauge doesn’t seem to be accurate and maybe it will never be. But as you can see when it’s about 1/4-1/3 it will be regen soon and it does go to zero on the gauge.
Forgot to add. It’s a bighorn with the 8 inch screen with Nav if that matters?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Apples and oranges...I might as well post my John Deere tractor with regen notification. This is a 1500 Ecodiesel thread...

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Apples and oranges...I might as well post my John Deere tractor with regen notification. This is a 1500 Ecodiesel thread...
Since we’re off track anyway, here’s my new to me Kubota L2250 with Christmas lights. No worrying about regens on this one.

F54D4733-6F3E-41EE-98CC-D3C9434B4646.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread