5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regearing

Medman99

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it’s best to regear your truck if u put size 33 tires on?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No way that I would go through the hassle and the expense for 33" tires. Now, if you wanted to go 35" or 37" and only have the 3.21 gears; then maybe. There is very little difference between the stock tire and 33's.

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
The front diff is the big hold up. Currently you'd have to find a used 3.92 front or buy new; expensive. For reference, I went to a 33 on 3.21's and couldn't tell a difference power wise. Mileage is the exact same. I did correct the speedo with the RC calibrator as well.

VegasRob55

Reaction score
The front diff is the big hold up. Currently you'd have to find a used 3.92 front or buy new; expensive. For reference, I went to a 33 on 3.21's and couldn't tell a difference power wise. Mileage is the exact same. I did correct the speedo with the RC calibrator as well.
Good to know! I just put 35" Ridge Grapplers on my rig, and I can really feel the weight of the new shoes... She's slowed down quite a bit, I'm sad to say. I may seek a regear or tune.

Users who are viewing this thread