5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regear?

greekboyas

Reaction score
Hey guys. Question.

I've got a '19 1500 with 3.21 gears. Right now, I've got a levelling kit and 33's and 22's on her. Wanting to move up to 35's and a 4-6" Zone lift.

What do you guys think about regearing for this setup? Let me know and thanks for your input!

Tomcat68

Reaction score
If you have 4x4, the front diff will be considerably more expensive. I believe a couple members have said a full axel swap is needed.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

greekboyas

Reaction score
If you have 4x4, the front diff will be considerably more expensive. I believe a couple members have said a full axel swap is needed.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk
Damn. Well do you think it'd even be worth it for 35's on a 4" honestly?
I'd much prefer 4.10's or higher but its not like I'm gonna be rolling on 37's lol

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve read more than once, that as long as the truck is for street use, the 3.21’s and the 8 spd handle 35’s just fine .... You won’t win any drag races, but you won’t be miserable either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
I’ve read more than once, that as long as the truck is for street use, the 3.21’s and the 8 spd handle 35’s just fine .... You won’t win any drag races, but you won’t be miserable either

+1 on Absolutely!.. 35s are perfectly fine, especially with the 8 speed.. The only thing I would consider regearing for with this setup would be if I was hauling a big heavy trailer daily... But the occasional lawnmower, four wheeler, small boat etc is perfectly fine! Like he said you won't be winning any races but you will be perfectly fine with the power and torque you still have especially with no load!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

greekboyas

Reaction score

+1 on Absolutely!.. 35s are perfectly fine, especially with the 8 speed.. The only thing I would consider regearing for with this setup would be if I was hauling a big heavy trailer daily... But the occasional lawnmower, four wheeler, small boat etc is perfectly fine! Like he said you won't be winning any races but you will be perfectly fine with the power and torque you still have especially with no load!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Well that’s good to hear, and oh I know LOL no more quarter-miles for me when the 35’s go on

Users who are viewing this thread