5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

red trx start button in my 2021 hydro blue rebel.

AA1mike

Reaction score
it literally took 60 seconds . well 5 minutes actually but if i wanted to do another one or two it would take 60 seconds.so simple..
i bought a carbon fiber cover that flips up but it will cover the three lights that illuminate the function,so i opted to leave it off.

Crew4X2

Reaction score
I just ordered my TRX button. Should arrive in a few days.

Is installation is easy as taking the top 2 screws out above the screen and pulling the whole thing out? I have the 8.4" screen, I'm a bit worried about breaking something... can't find any pics/video on the interwebs showing the installation.

pinzg35

Reaction score

Is installation is easy as taking the top 2 screws out above the screen and pulling the whole thing out? I have the 8.4" screen, I'm a bit worried about breaking something... can't find any pics/video on the interwebs showing the installation.
I found it easiest to remove the kick panel on the driver side (two screws and clips hold it in) and then guide your hand up behind to push out the push button. It's held in but 3 tabs but really easy to push out once you're behind it. Once pushed out just unclip the harness, attach the new one, and push it back in. Some have said they were able to get their hand behind there without removing anything but removing the panel was definitely helpful!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Read through below thread. No need to remove screen. You can reach from underneath and snap switch out from behind.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine's on order too. There's just something about that button being red that appeals to me 😁

Doc33

Reaction score

Pulling the screen out is that easy, I tried reaching up from underneath but couldn't get my fat hand up far enough to reach. Mine is 8.4 screen as well and went back in no problem.

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
As others have said. There is no need to remove any interior panels at all. Just reach up from beneath, press the 3 tabs down that hold the assembly in place, and push it out. Super easy

AA1mike

Reaction score

Attachments

• 5CE1A60D-1DDC-46CD-B140-19F04CB0D57A.jpeg
    5CE1A60D-1DDC-46CD-B140-19F04CB0D57A.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 7F485943-E6E4-47B5-8D15-3F2764B79FBA.jpeg
    7F485943-E6E4-47B5-8D15-3F2764B79FBA.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 66

AA1mike

Reaction score

You remove nothing….
Get on your back and reach up and push the button out and that’s it.
no tools at all..

Taegee2

Reaction score
Ordered mine from Liberty Mopar Parts (libertychryslerjeepdodgeram.com) 2 days ago, June 21. $29.10 plus $8.04 shipping. I checked the order status and it was shipped out today, June 23. I called prior to ordering and they said they didn't have it at their shop but if I placed the order, it would be about a day for them to get it and ship it out. My nearest Dealer wanted over $80, not in stock but could get it in 2 or 3 days. Here is the link (It will give you a note stating it does not fit the other RAM 1500, only the TRX):

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/