5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red light to Red light

Leveled

Reaction score
My truck is by no means a race truck, even with 395hp and 3.92’s. However, every so often there’s a guy next to you at the red light revving his Subaru with a fart can. Personally, I feel obligated to do my best to educate these individuals. Factory 0-60’s I’ve found for crew-cab 5.7’s are somewhere in the high 7’s. Though I’ve never timed my own truck, I’ve found the best method for these scenarios is to turn off traction control, turn on tow-haul (higher shift points), and 4wd Auto. The truck is certainly no slouch for a 1/2 ton. I know no-one here would ever dream of breaking the speed limit but what kind of performance is everyone experiencing? Who/what have you beat?

Last edited:

Zeeya

Reaction score
As Rob mentioned. There was a time. 2010 Tundra with TRD supercharger my son and I would take to the track.
Funny you mention Subaru though, a Subaru WRX, AWD, turbo can get down in the 4’s, tuned with boost cranked up. Surprised the you know what out of me when I saw a couple run and around town.
But, yes there are some of those bumblebee sounding mufflers that can get on your nerves.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
I'll just lurch off the light just enough to make them think I'm going, then watch them go. Figure I'll see one get stopped someday. Either way they look like idiots and I get the pleasure of knowing I made em do it.

Leveled

Reaction score
Absolutely, I’ll let out at the speed limit every time. I don’t want that insurance bill.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
7 Seconds?? If I put it in 4Auto and give it full boot off the line, my crew cab with 3.92's will shuffle to 60 in about 5.9 seconds. I even posted a video many months ago.

Leveled

Reaction score
It did feel faster than 7. I’m don’t remember which website I got that from. Motortrend says 6.1 so high 5’s to low 6’s sounds more reasonable

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/