5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reconnecting ANC, factory alpine system back to stock

Blue Streak Ram

Reaction score
I’m selling my truck and the buyer doesn’t want my system. I replaced all the speakers and made the polarity positive on all of them, and unpinned the mic wires. I’m going to leave some of the speakers installed and reactivate the ANC mics. Will me changing the polarity to all positive cause the ANC to not work properly? I can’t remember which speakers were positive and which were negative on the stock setup. TIA!

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m selling my truck and the buyer doesn’t want my system. I replaced all the speakers and made the polarity positive on all of them, and unpinned the mic wires. I’m going to leave some of the speakers installed and reactivate the ANC mics. Will me changing the polarity to all positive cause the ANC to not work properly? I can’t remember which speakers were positive and which were negative on the stock setup. TIA!
Should they not all be phased the same from the factory? Why would some of them be out of phase, causing cancellations? just curious.

Blue Streak Ram

Reaction score
That was a hot topic when they first came out. There was no rhyme or reason anyone could figure out why they weren’t all positive. Some people’s were, mine weren’t so I had to change them. Some folks thought the out of phase speakers helped with the ANC somehow. I don’t know if anyone ever found out for certain.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That was a hot topic when they first came out. There was no rhyme or reason anyone could figure out why they weren’t all positive. Some people’s were, mine weren’t so I had to change them. Some folks thought the out of phase speakers helped with the ANC somehow. I don’t know if anyone ever found out for certain.
Interesting.
Maybe you can get the correct schematic for your truck`s wiring at alldatadiy.

Users who are viewing this thread