5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recon Grapplers??

Unclepoot

Reaction score
Help me clear this up, because I could definitely be wrong. Which side of the Recon grappler would be considered the more aggressive side?
A. EC9B28F5-FA6C-47F7-A45C-B9A39BB51EF0.jpeg
B.
1FD9856F-330D-4ADF-9623-2E2D033AA28F.jpeg

jimden

Reaction score
I had mine installed with the 2nd version out and I love it.

View attachment 136598 View attachment 136599
You truck looks great and those tires definitely are a huge improvement over the looks of the street looking tires that come on stock! I also have a Limited with the Night package and your truck has made up my mind to go with these tires! Did you install the leveling kit prior to the tires or after? Just wondering if there were rubbing issues which prompted the leveling? Planning on leveling mine but was not sure if I was going to do it prior to or after tires.

Thanks,
Jim

TyH2009

Reaction score
You truck looks great and those tires definitely are a huge improvement over the looks of the street looking tires that come on stock! I also have a Limited with the Night package and your truck has made up my mind to go with these tires! Did you install the leveling kit prior to the tires or after? Just wondering if there were rubbing issues which prompted the leveling? Planning on leveling mine but was not sure if I was going to do it prior to or after tires.

Thanks,
Jim
Thanks!

I had the tires and leveling kit installed at the same time, I don’t think they would have rubbed without the level, but I wanted to raise the front up, and it’s amazing how 1.5” changed the look. I do have some Revel rear links that I need to put on at some point, I want to raise the rear up ever so slightly, as it seems on some pavement it sits ever so slightly nose high.

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
I just installed the LT275/55/20 on my truck and curious to see what pressure you guys are running?
Tires show max PSI of 80, installer set them to 40PSI thinking the max was 50PSI.
For everyday driving town/highway (not towing) should it be closer to 50-60 PSI?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just installed the LT275/55/20 on my truck and curious to see what pressure you guys are running?
Tires show max PSI of 80, installer set them to 40PSI thinking the max was 50PSI.
For everyday driving town/highway (not towing) should it be closer to 50-60 PSI?

40 PSI sounds about right. 50-60 PSI would probably jar your teeth loose. Do the chalk test to see if 40 is correct.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I had Nittos, I emailed them picture of my load sticker (from the driver door jamb), told them which tires I bought, and they replied with a recommended pressure.

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
Nitto customer service just replied to me that the recommended pressure by them for Nitto Recon Grappler LT275/55/20 is 51 PSI

Last edited:

ais122

Reaction score
FWIW, I've had 22k miles on Recon Grapplers (295/60r20) and I run them at 36-38 PSI. Amazing tread wear so far and no balancing issues. Alignment is perfect since day 1. I run them daily and also as a weekend overlanding setup. Not sure if it matters but I run King 2.5 shocks at 8 clicks. And also have a Leitner ACS rack and a RTT during October to March... so there is a good bit of varying weight on the truck throughout the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online