5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recon 5th Gen LED Hi & Low Beam Projector Headlights OLED DRL & Scanning Switchback LED Signals

tbscoot

Reaction score
Hey. I also bought these on sale. One question. When the headlights are turned off during the day. Do the halos stay on? The instructions are very vague. And I noticed on your picture that the low beam seems to be on. Just wanted to make sure I don't have to buy a fuse tap to run proper drl's. Awesome truck by the way!
I had the same question and reached out to one of the other members with the same lights. The halos are currently wired as the parking lights. If you want to run just the halos, turn off the DRL in UConnect menu and turn the headlight knob to the parking lights (second from left next to O). Otherwise DRL is just the low beam and halos only come on when headlights are on. This may be something you can change with AlphaOBD, but I haven't dug too deep yet.

twil72

Reaction score
I had the same question and reached out to one of the other members with the same lights. The halos are currently wired as the parking lights. If you want to run just the halos, turn off the DRL in UConnect menu and turn the headlight knob to the parking lights (second from left next to O). Otherwise DRL is just the low beam and halos only come on when headlights are on. This may be something you can change with AlphaOBD, but I haven't dug too deep yet.
Have you found out if you could change it using AlphaOBD? I out these in and habe been trying to find out if AlphaOBD would fix that and cannot find anything.

thanks

Hugearse

Reaction score
Anyone buy and install the smoked ones?
I actually did over the weekend. I committed and did the tail lights and the third brake light also with the smoked recon lights. I'll have to snap some pictures for you.

*Edit*
Here's some pictures of my setup. Not the greatest, the light wasn't really playing nice today lol. Oh don't mind the grille lights not being on. I have to wire them up still.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20221121_110206.jpg
    20221121_110206.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 52
  • 20221121_110152.jpg
    20221121_110152.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20221121_110124.jpg
    20221121_110124.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 20221121_110254.jpg
    20221121_110254.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 20221121_110228.jpg
    20221121_110228.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

raygun9

Reaction score
I actually did over the weekend. I committed and did the tail lights and the third brake light also with the smoked recon lights. I'll have to snap some pictures for you.

*Edit*
Here's some pictures of my setup. Not the greatest, the light wasn't really playing nice today lol. Oh don't mind the grille lights not being on. I have to wire them up still.

Thanks for the shots? For DRLs do the upper and lower LED strips stay on if you turn off the headlight function in UConnect?

Also, any shots of it off from the side? Curious what the side marker looks like off...

Hugearse

Reaction score
Thanks for the shots? For DRLs do the upper and lower LED strips stay on if you turn off the headlight function in UConnect?

Also, any shots of it off from the side? Curious what the side marker looks like off...
So the strips shut off on mine but I have a security gateway bypass coming so I can change my drl from the headlights to the front turn signals. I'm assuming they would stay on after that once the drls are enabled in uconnect since the turn signals are switchback LEDs but I won't know for sure until I can change it. I can take one for you of the side too when I get off work tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

raygun9

Reaction score
So the strips shut off on mine but I have a security gateway bypass coming so I can change my drl from the headlights to the front turn signals. I'm assuming they would stay on after that once the drls are enabled in uconnect since the turn signals are switchback LEDs but I won't know for sure until I can change it. I can take one for you of the side too when I get off work tomorrow morning.

sweet, if you can post some pics after you get the bypass in too that would be great. For the price I wish they had more info (pics/vids) for them.

Hugearse

Reaction score
sweet, if you can post some pics after you get the bypass in too that would be great. For the price I wish they had more info (pics/vids) for them.
I definitely agree, the info is basically "here's the lights, do you want them?" 😂 Here's the picture of the side marker for you. I should be getting my bypass next week so I'll keep you updated once it shows up. 👍

Attachments

• 20221123_094448.jpg
    20221123_094448.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 22

Hugearse

Reaction score
I need some advice from anyone who installed these on a halogen light truck. I got my bypass and I'm trying to get the halos to stay on with my drls but I can only get the turn signal lights to stay on. Am I missing something. I'm using alfaodb for programming. Any help would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread