5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommended Tire Pressure; 2020 1500 Laramie; Falken WildPeak A/T 3Wa

apctjb

Reaction score
What pressure should I inflate to when running fully loaded (highway driving at or above max vehicle weight). My Laramie came with Falken WildPeak AT 3wa LT 275/6518. Noticeable tire bulge when inflated to the recommended 38 psi. Reading the forum seems like some are running at 50psi or more. Is that safe?

Looking to maximize load capacity and MPG, not ride quality.

What would you reccomend?

ChrisID

Reaction score
I thought the same thing when towing a 5K trailer with weight distribution hitch, and left it at 38 all around and it seemed fine.

Falken QA

Reaction score
What pressure should I inflate to when running fully loaded (highway driving at or above max vehicle weight). My Laramie came with Falken WildPeak AT 3wa LT 275/6518. Noticeable tire bulge when inflated to the recommended 38 psi. Reading the forum seems like some are running at 50psi or more. Is that safe?

Looking to maximize load capacity and MPG, not ride quality.

What would you reccomend?

Hello there,

The air pressure stated on the door pillar accounts for maximum capacity of the truck. This takes into account all fluids topped off, full tank of fuel, maximum amount of passengers and their weight, plus any remaining capacity for payload.

You can increase your air pressure for ride/stability up to the maximum air pressure on the tire.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread