5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommended Exaust Mod

BONES55

Reaction score
If you have a new 1500 with a 5.7L Hemi, by listening to your new Ram , you may be wondering if there actually is a Hemi under that hood. About 6 months ago I purchased a Magnaflow Muffler and had it installed at a local muffler shop. Great difference in tone after getting rid of that giant trash can of a factory muffler. Over the past few months I flirted with the idea of having them delete the Resonators at the end of each tailpipe. I wanted to do it but was worried that it may make the truck sound too loud or just sound awful. I finally pulled the trigger this last weekend and had them cut off... One of the Best mods that I've done yet. Its friggin perfect now. Don't waste your money on a 1000 dollar plus entire new exaust system for your truck. Purchase a Magnaflow Muffler and cut those mini mufflers off your tailpipes and you will love the sound . I also recommend the S&B Intake as well. Definitely not too loud but you can actually hear the Hemi and feel a mild low drone from in the cab.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
If you have a new 1500 with a 5.7L Hemi, by listening to your new Ram , you may be wondering if there actually is a Hemi under that hood. About 6 months ago I purchased a Magnaflow Muffler and had it installed at a local muffler shop. Great difference in tone after getting rid of that giant trash can of a factory muffler. Over the past few months I flirted with the idea of having them delete the Resonators at the end of each tailpipe. I wanted to do it but was worried that it may make the truck sound too loud or just sound awful. I finally pulled the trigger this last weekend and had them cut off... One of the Best mods that I've done yet. Its friggin perfect now. Don't waste your money on a 1000 dollar plus entire new exaust system for your truck. Purchase a Magnaflow Muffler and cut those mini mufflers off your tailpipes and you will love the sound . I also recommend the S&B Intake as well. Definitely not too loud but you can actually hear the Hemi and feel a mild low drone from in the cab.
is it loud on the inside?

a sound video would be nice

BONES55

Reaction score
is it loud on the inside?

a sound video would be nice
Sound videos usually aren't that helpful over the cellphone but I can try to post one. And no, it's not really loud inside the cab at all. These changes will just make it loud enough to to hear it. And it just sounds so much deeper and tougher. Try the Magnaflow Muffler first. It will definitely not be too loud for you.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
and feel a mild low drone from in the cab.

This alone keeps me from changing anything on my factory exhaust. I've had drone in the past, and to me it ruins a perfectly good vehicle.

BONES55

Reaction score
This alone keeps me from changing anything on my factory exhaust. I've had drone in the past, and to me it ruins a perfectly good vehicle.
It's very very mild and that's with the muffler swap and resonator delete. Just changing the muffler only really deepens the tone. Plus your truck will run better. If your married to that lawnmower sound then Honda has a new 4 cylinder Civic out this year.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's very very mild and that's with the muffler swap and resonator delete. Just changing the muffler only really deepens the tone. Plus your truck will run better. If your married to that lawnmower sound then Honda has a new 4 cylinder Civic out this year.
How will the truck run better? Factory exhaust is already a free flowing exhaust.

Eticket1337

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Which magnaflow (part number) did you install?

Users who are viewing this thread