5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommendations on wheel spacers

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Hey all I have a set of Fuel Cover 20x9 in a +1mm offset riding on 35x11.5. 4in BSD air suspension lift. I went with the +1 to be safe but now I want them to stick out a little more. What size spacers can I add to get to a -12 if I am understanding correctly.

also is it true the rear track is narrower than the front?

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're current wheels is at +1, and you want them to be -12, you'd need 13 mm of offset which is roughly 1/2". Unfortunately that's probably not something you'll be able to do.

It will be too thick to safely do with slip on spacer because that will be leaving you with only 1/4" of thread engagement. That will fail, it's a matter of if not when.
It will be too thin for a bolt spacer because the stock lug studs will contact the face of the wheel. The studs being roughly 1.5" will stick out 1" beyond the face of a 1/2" spacer. That's too far for even a stock wheel, but they can use a spacer that is slightly thinner than 1.5" because they have pockets between the holes which allow the stud to fit. If your Fuel wheels don't have that pocket you'd have cut or replace the stock studs, and even with that it's a bad idea. As noted a few posts ago you want roughly 1/2" minimum thread engagement (that goes for the spacer too) so a 1/2" spacer wouldn't have room to counterbore for the nuts holding it on.
Basically, the thinnest bolt on spacer you'll find will probably be 1".

So you've got 4 options.
Push them out about 1/4" with a 6mm slip on spacer.
Push them out about 1.5" with a bolt on spacer.
Leave it as you have it
Buy new wheels.

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Buy new wheels. Less hassle. One less thing to worry about.

And spacers are illegal in some states so you would have to remove them for inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did a fair amount of research when I did mine and found the best bang for my buck were the Venum 6X5.5"-77.8mm 6061 T-6 Black Anodized Aluminum W/M14x1.5 10.9 Grade Steel Hardware Hub Centric 2" Wheel Spacer's.

Attachments

• IMG_1364.jpg
    IMG_1364.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1365.jpg
    IMG_1365.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1368.jpg
    IMG_1368.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread