5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommendations for wheels and snows

alpha_brit

Reaction score
I tried searching but nothing recent came up. I have a 2021 Bighorn w/ Night Edition on order and am looking at getting wheels and snows ordered for it once it comes in. Any recommendations? I'm planning to minus-size the wheels (to 18's I believe), and will look at the OEM sizes before ordering. Curious what others run for winter shoes on this vehicle though.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
Snows in June?
Honestly, I'm trying to get a feel for cost and will probably order the wheels (and sensors?) when the truck comes in and wait on the tires until October. I've tried Tire Rack and wheels are looking like they will be way more than I expected, on my other vehicles I've just run steel wheels but they aren't coming up for this vehicle. If I've got to drop $2+k on wheels and snows, I'd like to know sooner than later.

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
I went with a set of Art Replica 167 (basically knock offs of the Ram Rebel Rims) and General Grabber Arctic tires (275/65R18). Out the door including the black wheel nuts and taxes was just over $1600 Canadian.

Attachments

• PXL_20201113_150843352.jpg
    PXL_20201113_150843352.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 29

alpha_brit

Reaction score
I went with a set of Art Replica 167 (basically knock offs of the Ram Rebel Rims) and General Grabber Arctic tires (275/65R18). Out the door including the black wheel nuts and taxes was just over $1600 Canadian.
Oh, those look very nice. Thank you, I'll definitely look into them.

I've been running Nokian winter tires for years, but I think it's time to give something else a try. The last ones I ran on my 2014 1500 didn't last as long as I'd have liked and were a little squishier than was comfortable. I also made the mistake of steel wheels, which means the truck looks like crap about 5 months out of the year, which I'd prefer to avoid with the new one.

SacRebel

Reaction score
Where are you located? I’ve got 18” Rebel wheels and mud tires in the classifieds section.

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
Oh, those look very nice. Thank you, I'll definitely look into them.

I've been running Nokian winter tires for years, but I think it's time to give something else a try. The last ones I ran on my 2014 1500 didn't last as long as I'd have liked and were a little squishier than was comfortable. I also made the mistake of steel wheels, which means the truck looks like crap about 5 months out of the year, which I'd prefer to avoid with the new one.
I hate the look of steel wheels too, and upgrading to a set of Art Replicas was only $150 more. It was a no brainer for me. The Art Replicas come both brushed alum/black like the standard Rebel rims or all black which the manufacturer, but only the all black are rated for winter use. This was my first set of General's and I was happy with how they performed this winter.

If you're not far from SacRebel, you can't beat the stock OEM Rebel rims in my mind.

Last edited:

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replica Rebel wheels and Blizzak LT in stock size. They worked great up here in central /
North Ontario. The replica wheels were the same money as steels...

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
Replica Rebel wheels and Blizzak LT in stock size. They worked great up here in central /
North Ontario. The replica wheels were the same money as steels...
I think it's a stretch to call Barrie "Northern Ontario" :cool: Whose your tire dealer, seems you may have gotten a better deal than me. Might be worth the drive for me from Newmarket. I'm looking to replace the stock Goodyears with OC IIIs.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
Where are you located? I’ve got 18” Rebel wheels and mud tires in the classifieds section.
I'm laughing because I'm almost as far away as possible from you while still being in the same country. I'll have to look into ordering wheels and then worry about the tires (unless I can find somewhere to do a package for them). Thanks for the offer though.

2020GCM

Reaction score
I also got the ART Rebel replicas in all black but with BFG KO2's for winter duty, and as you can see in the pic cdn.tbird posted, the OEM Ram centercaps fit perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/