5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommendations for a motorcycle / ATV Ramp

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good morning,

I need to order just one accessory for my truck to get started. I will be regularly putting my bike(s) in the back of the truck.

Step one is this - https://www.motoprohq.com/product-page/truck-system I like how you can install and remove with ease as I want to run the Tonneau cover full time except for when we're hauling bikes so this doesn't bolt in and therefore I can install only when needed (roughly every other weekend June - September)

As for loading the bike, I want a ride-up ramp, something wide that is nearly the entire tailgate width but can fold up and slide in between the two bikes so thinking 4 feet wide, folds down to 2 feet wide and 12 feet long folds up to 6 feet long. I have the 6'4" bed.

Our bikes are a 670 pound,550 pound and a couple of 250-350 pound bikes. We won't have more than 2 bikes in there at any time and at the moment, I have no space for a trailer.

I'm looking for ramp recommendations and ideally, USA built and most importantly, IN STOCK because I'll need the ramp by mid-June at the latest.

Thanks in advance!

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These are ordered:
hW4cuN0.png
OkvOpUa.png

BullRing is just for the rear 2 pockets. The MotoPro will occupy the front 2 pockets. I'll use these when the dirt bike holder isn't installed - https://www.amazon.com/ES-ENGINEERED-SCHILDMEIER-Pocket-Covers/dp/B07NBVL2JB

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought this for my yet to arrive Ram. High Roller Tie Bar. I never carry more than two bikes, so the middle chock isn't necessary. I got it through Amazon for $106. I had it sprayed with bed liner so it doesn't get scratched up.

I'm going to buy this ramp. Step Ramp

Attachments

• 20210514_081058.jpg
    20210514_081058.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought this for my yet to arrive Ram. High Roller Tie Bar. I never carry more than two bikes, so the middle chock isn't necessary. I got it through Amazon for $106. I had it sprayed with bed liner so it doesn't get scratched up.

I'm going to buy this ramp. Step Ramp

I looked at the step ramp but max weight is 500 pounds. My GS is 660 so I'll have to find something else but I like the concept!

Did the tie bar you buy..does it require screwing into the bed?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I looked at the step ramp but max weight is 500 pounds. My GS is 660 so I'll have to find something else but I like the concept!

Did the tie bar you buy..does it require screwing into the bed?
Yes, you have to drill holes and bolt it to the bed.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are they cruisers, street bikes, dirt bikes? I used a cheap straight ramp (literally a 3.5 x 6 foot flat ramp) that I use for ATVs for my Ninja 1000. It wasn't the easiest, but it worked and it was cheap. On a cruiser or something you've lowered you'd probably have issues with clearance.

There's this one that seems to fit what you need, and it'll fold up short enough to close the tailgate.

Eh, I didn't read enough. I saw "4 beam" and assumed "4 feet". Looks like you'd need 2.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are they cruisers, street bikes, dirt bikes? I used a cheap straight ramp (literally a 3.5 x 6 foot flat ramp) that I use for ATVs for my Ninja 1000. It wasn't the easiest, but it worked and it was cheap. On a cruiser or something you've lowered you'd probably have issues with clearance.

There's this one that seems to fit what you need, and it'll fold up short enough to close the tailgate.

Eh, I didn't read enough. I saw "4 beam" and assumed "4 feet". Looks like you'd need 2.

Thanks for the link! Only issue with that one, "Backorder. Expected to Ship by 06/29/2021" sigh. that's half the summer. I may have to start looking on Craigslist

Not cruisers. all of my bikes I actually raise higher than stock since I'm 34" inseam off the ground with boots.

They're all pretty high off the ground:
50601875063_fced97e661_b.jpg

NocRHrN.jpeg
jjedc9d.jpeg

Our bikes all range from 6 inches to 14 inches off the ground if I are to estimate. so no clearance issues expected.

My challenge has been finally finding a ramp that's well regarded then seeing it's sold out! that's COVID LIFE FOR YOU.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning,

I need to order just one accessory for my truck to get started. I will be regularly putting my bike(s) in the back of the truck.

Step one is this - https://www.motoprohq.com/product-page/truck-system I like how you can install and remove with ease as I want to run the Tonneau cover full time except for when we're hauling bikes so this doesn't bolt in and therefore I can install only when needed (roughly every other weekend June - September)

As for loading the bike, I want a ride-up ramp, something wide that is nearly the entire tailgate width but can fold up and slide in between the two bikes so thinking 4 feet wide, folds down to 2 feet wide and 12 feet long folds up to 6 feet long. I have the 6'4" bed.

Our bikes are a 670 pound,550 pound and a couple of 250-350 pound bikes. We won't have more than 2 bikes in there at any time and at the moment, I have no space for a trailer.

I'm looking for ramp recommendations and ideally, USA built and most importantly, IN STOCK because I'll need the ramp by mid-June at the latest.

Thanks in advance!
I have a pair of these. I usually walk up one while the bike or scooter rolls up the other. I weigh just over 260 lbs, and the bike is around 300 lbs. They do fine at those weights, but I might go with something heavier for your 670 lb bike.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a pair of these. I usually walk up one while the bike or scooter rolls up the other. I weigh just over 260 lbs, and the bike is around 300 lbs. They do fine at those weights, but I might go with something heavier for your 670 lb bike.

AND it's in stock! Yeah, I have an off-road qualifier in September that's on the big bike and it's 1200 miles away and I don't want to ride in and out with 3 days of off road qualifying in the middle so I unfortunately need something to haul the big bike this year. The rest are light enough any old dirt bike ramp will work.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread