5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

recommendations for a good adjustable hitch?

U

User_6565

I'm looking to get a hitch so I can tow a small trailer in a few weeks but I don't want to have to purchase several of various drop lengths (planning for the future, right?). I've seen the Weigh Safe option, which is nice. For mainly towing smaller trailers, is that even a "must have" or just helpful for larger loads?
So, what is a good adjustable hitch that I could get which will accommodate most of what may come my direction?

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a TriMax Razor. I've used it on three trucks. A Ram 2500, F150 and now the Ram 1500. Now if I were to replace it, I'd get the WeighSafe. This is because I'm hauling cars around and the scale would help with placement when loading. A camper, I don't think it's as necessary .

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The weighsafe is very nice but I went with the Fastway adjustable because of one key thing. It has an anti-rattle option which I had to have. I am lazy and hate to take my hitch out and my cargo bins and underseat storage are always full. I got very annoyed with the rattle of my prior 6 hitches because of this and always wrapped them with a couple layers of electrical tape to stop the rattle, but the tape wears out and causes a sticky mess... Absolutely love my Fastway 8" drop 9" rise adjustable. Wouldn't go back and it has the three different ball sizes that only take 10 seconds max to swap out.

hdgmctruck04

Reaction score
I have been using my Andersen hitch for years, it's what we use in our test vehicles as well. Never a failure. Always easy to adjust. Greaseless cap option is the way to go. And I have the 2" / 2 5/16 combo for all I ever tow. I got my brother the 1 7/8 / 2" combo for his trailers. Couldn't be any happier.

Users who are viewing this thread