5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommendation for under seat storage

fmurphy92

Reaction score
My 2016 Ram Sport had storage compartments under the rear seats, and with that, it had a shelf that would fold out when you lifted the seats up so you didn't lose any square footage for setting things on the floor and the whole back seat would be flat with the storage compartments underneath the foldout.. I know this probably sounds weird but I don't know how else to explain it.

What I am asking you guys for is if you have any recommendations for aftermarket under seat storage for a 2020 Laramie that I got when I traded my 2016 Ram sport in. I knew it didn't have the storage compartments when I bought the Laramie, but I didn't realize I would miss it. The fold out shelf with the storage compartment is a must, because my German Shepherd rides back there with the seats up (I don't want him on my leather!) and without the shelf there wouldn't be any room for him to lay.

Thanks for any recommendations!

PhilBilly

Reaction score
My 2016 Ram Sport had storage compartments under the rear seats, and with that, it had a shelf that would fold out when you lifted the seats up so you didn't lose any square footage for setting things on the floor and the whole back seat would be flat with the storage compartments underneath the foldout.. I know this probably sounds weird but I don't know how else to explain it.

What I am asking you guys for is if you have any recommendations for aftermarket under seat storage for a 2020 Laramie that I got when I traded my 2016 Ram sport in. I knew it didn't have the storage compartments when I bought the Laramie, but I didn't realize I would miss it. The fold out shelf with the storage compartment is a must, because my German Shepherd rides back there with the seats up (I don't want him on my leather!) and without the shelf there wouldn't be any room for him to lay.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

fmurphy92

Reaction score

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
This doesn't have the fold out shelf I was talking about.

Swayze

Reaction score
I haven’t seen anything with a shelf to cover the bin; unless you wanted to custom fabricate something

fmurphy92

Reaction score
In lieu of the deck you're referring to I just put now a nice durable tarp on the seats. My dog can jump in muddy and I can just hose it off afterwards. https://amzn.to/365vOx5
Thank you, that's actually a pretty good idea.. I bought the WeatherTec floor mats so they help out tremendously, but it would be nice to have another layer of protection

Swayze

Reaction score
This would be more of my suggestion, if you’re open to a tarp or similar....but it’s based on my own mutt’s behaviors.... see photo for big meat head always laying on my console. I also get occasional paw prints up there, if he’s feeling froggy.

Vailge 100% Waterproof Dog Car Seat Covers, Dog Seat Cover with Side Flaps, Pet Seat Cover for Back Seat - Black, Hammock Convertible https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DCS4F82/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_wbkBFbCAN9C2Z C27883DE-5EF5-4187-8D69-031EC466A84E.jpeg

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
I always assumed that the fold out shelf in my 2017 Ram was just to proved a flat surface for larger items. Our trucks inherently have flat floors so I don't really see a need for this fold out shelf now. Missing the storage up under the seat really sucks, but I don't miss the fold out shelf at all.

fmurphy92

Reaction score
I always assumed that the fold out shelf in my 2017 Ram was just to proved a flat surface for larger items. Our trucks inherently have flat floors so I don't really see a need for this fold out shelf now. Missing the storage up under the seat really sucks, but I don't miss the fold out shelf at all.

It is to provide a flat surface for large items, but if you had the storage up under the seat the floor is no longer flat when the seats are up.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2020 Longhorn has a little foldable storage flap under the seats. It can fold flat, or be flipped up and make a box around the base to put things in. Do you guys not have this?

ah

under-seat storage feature is optional on the Big Horn/Lone Star, Laramie, and Rebel crew cab models

Dshawrn

Reaction score
My 2020 Longhorn has a little foldable storage flap under the seats. It can fold flat, or be flipped up and make a box around the base to put things in. Do you guys not have this?

ah

under-seat storage feature is optional on the Big Horn/Lone Star, Laramie, and Rebel crew cab models
My 2021 Limited does not. I want one.

Users who are viewing this thread