5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reclock steering wheel

slaterson1

Reaction score
So, I just installed the Daystar level, some homemade links and 285/65r20 Falken Wildpeaks on my '19 Limited. I took it to get an alignment after the install just to make sure it was tracking straight at the new ride height and when I got the truck back I noticed the wheel was clocked a little off center (drives me crazy!). I live way out in the sticks and dont really want to go all the way back to the alignment shop just for that. Is it posibble to reclock my wheel myself or is it better to just bite the bullet and make the drive and have them fix it?

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Yes it is, lessen the jam nuts on both sides then adjust the tie rods. One side will go in and one side will go out. Easiest way to do it evenly is to go in 90 degree increments and do both side the same amount. You have to make sure that your doing one side in and one side out or you’ll screw up the toe measurement. Adjust it once, Retighten the jam nuts and drive it. It’ll either be better or worse. If it’s better keep doing it a little at a time till it’s right. If it’s worse then go the opposite direction with everything. Just FYI this procedure is how most shops center the wheel afterwards

Users who are viewing this thread