5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent Deliveries - MSRP Increase since ordering - issue or non-issue at signing?

Kaz

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone,

So I'm in a unique situation that I'm working on a Lemon Replacement as many of you all know. Offer was MSRP for our truck minus any usage fees, and then MSRP on the new truck (non-negotiable), and then I'm responsible for the delta between the two and taxes on that delta. My question is really that when I ordered the truck the POC showed an MSRP of $68,415; the window sticker now shows $71,080. This delta isn't chump change and I have no desire for it to come out of my pocket. Just curious for those of you who have taken delivery recently, was the increase in MSRP/Invoice/Etc an issue for you when it came time to take delivery and sign the paperwork?

I'd heard comments on here and elsewhere that the dealer has pricing protection based on the pricing they placed at time of order; just wanted to get a consensus from those who have been through the process.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone,

So I'm in a unique situation that I'm working on a Lemon Replacement as many of you all know. Offer was MSRP for our truck minus any usage fees, and then MSRP on the new truck (non-negotiable), and then I'm responsible for the delta between the two and taxes on that delta. My question is really that when I ordered the truck the POC showed an MSRP of $68,415; the window sticker now shows $71,080. This delta isn't chump change and I have no desire for it to come out of my pocket. Just curious for those of you who have taken delivery recently, was the increase in MSRP/Invoice/Etc an issue for you when it came time to take delivery and sign the paperwork?

I'd heard comments on here and elsewhere that the dealer has pricing protection based on the pricing they placed at time of order; just wanted to get a consensus from those who have been through the process.
When I signed the POC, the dealer and I committed to a price. There were no discussions about changing that price at delivery, despite increases to MSRP that had taken place.

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
My dealer told me mine has went up $1000 since i ordered. He said Ram would honor my ordered price.

Users who are viewing this thread