5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent 2021 Lease Pricing - Anyone lease a Big Horn Recently?

Maconi

Reaction score
Are lease rates really that high?

I bought a new fully-loaded 2019 Limited for around $55k (MSRP $70k). After 5 years I figure I can get around $35k for it if I'm lucky (does that sound reasonable)? So that means if I wanted to hop right back into another fully loaded 2024 Limited for around $55k (MSRP $70k, although I'm sure prices will inflate) and it would cost me $20k after selling my previous truck.

That's $20k every 5 years with that pattern, or $4k a year, or around $340 a month. Even if we push that up to like $400 a month, that's still cheaper than the leases being mentioned.

Am I doing the math wrong or are leases just way more expensive?

techno96

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to be $450/mo with $1,500 total due at signing (not money down) with my NY taxes @ 8.625% rolled into the payment for a 50k bighorn night edition with level 2 equipment and premium lighting. It's the best discount I've been able to negotiate thus far. This is for a 2021.

Butter85

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to be $450/mo with $1,500 total due at signing (not money down) with my NY taxes @ 8.625% rolled into the payment for a 50k bighorn night edition with level 2 equipment and premium lighting. It's the best discount I've been able to negotiate thus far. This is for a 2021.

What dealer was this at? Also in NY, and that’s the best lease terms I’ve seen so far. Shopping around for a similarly equipped Big Horn.

techno96

Reaction score
What dealer was this at? Also in NY, and that’s the best lease terms I’ve seen so far. Shopping around for a similarly equipped Big Horn.

They have another few Night Edition Big Horn's around the same price. PM me and I'll hook you up with them. They're even delivering it to me for free.

moparleo51

Reaction score
question, what is a fair lease price fora 2020 limited for 36months and 10000 miles , with little to no money down? i have been given all kind of high numbers just want to see if it in the ball park. thanks

Lake Ram

Reaction score
I don't know how you guys are able to stay under 10k miles per year. When you go over and get charged 20 cents per mile the overall cost of leasing skyrockets. Just driving on weekends and not using as a daily driver it still would be tough.

techno96

Reaction score
I don't know how you guys are able to stay under 10k miles per year. When you go over and get charged 20 cents per mile the overall cost of leasing skyrockets. Just driving on weekends and not using as a daily driver it still would be tough.

I suspect I'm going to save a ton of miles just due to COVID to begin with. I don't really commute as much. If I was commuting maybe I would get 12k. but If I save an extra few thousand in the first year then I'm good for the next two.

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score

I only drive about 4,500 miles a year now. My commute used to be about 13k a year and I would do a 15k mile lease but since switching jobs about 6 years ago it’s greatly reduced. So 10k a year is plenty and I don’t travel really.

U

User_3336

I’m border line insulted... these sales guys are c

You can easily go into the LEASEHAKR calculator and key in all the variables, and you can see if the dealer is screwing you or not.

You would need to know the residual value percentage.
The money factor (for example .0001, etc)
The agreed up on negotiated price of the vehicle.
Any Lease rebates included (shows 5,000 in the calculation)
Required money down (if any . . .) Some have ZERO drive-out costs.

Users who are viewing this thread