5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall V07/NHTSSA 19V-067 - 2019 RAM 1500 Adjustable Brake Pedal

Jrex

Reaction score
2019 RAM 1500 Adjustable Brake Pedal Recall V07/NHTSSA 19V-067

This was just released February 5, 2019, I got it in mail yesterday. Don't know if its where I live in North Florida, but none of the dealers have the required part.

The local dealer has the part number, but cant lookup availability or order anything yet. From what I could make out talking to several dealers, FCA is sending each dealer a limited # of recall parts at first. Then its first come, first serve, but you have no way of knowing when dealer gets the part, unless you call them everyday. The local dealers here are doing a wait list?

I called FCA Recall Assistant Center 800.853.1403. Told them the story, none of the dealers can lookup status or order the part as they have been flooded with calls for last 2 days about it.

FCA checked all local dealers for stock and confirmed none of them have it. FCA opened an escalated case in my name this morning, requesting a part be shipped to my local dealer ASAP, I asked if it was possible to ship the part to my local dealer in my Name and VIN on it, that way when it arrives, local dealer will call to notify arrival and schedule repair.

I just got confirmation they are drop shipping the part to my local dealer in my name.

I am a tall guy and have never moved the pedals, but who knows what happened at dealer prior to purchase or if my son screwed around with every button, like he does. So there is no way to really know if its no big deal or if I have a time bomb about to explode on me.

Number of potentially involved : 193,813
Estimated percentage with defect :100 %

I just decided to error on side of caution, and assume sales person at some point moved the pedals all the way up and then back, in pre-sale demo.

This was the way I found to get the part ASAP and was suggested by one of the dealers that could not even order the part yet.

Hope this helps.

1551993619892.png

Last edited:

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 RAM 1500 Adjustable Brake Pedal Recall V07/NHTSSA 19V-067

This was just released February 5, 2019, I got it in mail yesterday. Don't know if its where I live in North Florida, but none of the dealers have the required part.

The local dealer has the part number, but cant lookup availability or order anything yet. From what I could make out talking to several dealers, FCA is sending each dealer a limited # of recall parts at first. Then its first come, first serve, but you have no way of knowing when dealer gets the part, unless you call them everyday. The local dealers here are doing a wait list?

I called FCA Recall Assistant Center 800.853.1403. Told them the story, none of the dealers can lookup status or order the part as they have been flooded with calls for last 2 days about it.

FCA checked all local dealers for stock and confirmed none of them have it. FCA opened an escalated case in my name this morning, requesting a part be shipped to my local dealer ASAP, I asked if it was possible to ship the part to my local dealer in my Name and VIN on it, that way when it arrives, local dealer will call to notify arrival and schedule repair.

I just got confirmation they are drop shipping the part to my local dealer in my name.

I am a tall guy and have never moved the pedals, but who knows what happened at dealer prior to purchase or if my son screwed around with every button, like he does. So there is no way to really know if its no big deal or if I have a time bomb about to explode on me.

Number of potentially involved : 193,813
Estimated percentage with defect :100 %

I just decided to error on side of caution, and assume sales person at some point moved the pedals all the way up and then back, in pre-sale demo.

This was the way I found to get the part ASAP and was suggested by one of the dealers that could not even order the part yet.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 18071
I'm on the wait list at my local dealer. Hate waiting for parts for a potential serious problem.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Service Manager at my dealer was complaining about all the snowbirds driving down and then doing their recalls down here and not having stock on hand for 'locals'.

Jrex

Reaction score
Service Manager at my dealer was complaining about all the snowbirds driving down and then doing their recalls down here and not having stock on hand for 'locals'.

Yep, that's what I was kinda hinting at. Anything can happen.

You may be on wait list, but if dealer only gets X number of recall parts and there are more than that on waiting list, you might have to wait for next shipment. That's what the local dealer was telling me. They told me call FCA, have them order/ship the recall part in your name to your local dealer, and that part is yours, as if you ordered and paid for it.

If I was on wait list, I would ask dealer, am I guaranteed to get that part when it comes in. The answer is no, because your name name is not on the actual part order, anything can happen. Its first come, first serve. Maybe dealer forgets to call you right away, or misses your name on the list, or they get 200 recall parts and your #205....etc....

I thought this was serious enough to just spend 5 minutes on phone, getting a part sent in my name, as if I ordered it myself, guaranteeing my truck will be fixed ASAP.

Food for thought.

DM-SC

Reaction score
I asked about the V07 recall when I was buying my truck this past Saturday.

They had already performed the recall procedure on my truck. They told me they had to do it before they would be allowed to sell me the truck.

I was told about the recall by another dealership. The sales man there said we couldn't test drive a truck because they hadn't been able to perform the recall on their in stock trucks.

I wonder if FCA was supplying dealers with recall part for in stock units first??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jrex

Reaction score
I asked about the V07 recall when I was buying my truck this past Saturday.

They had already performed the recall procedure on my truck. They told me they had to do it before they would be allowed to sell me the truck.

I was told about the recall by another dealership. The sales man there said we couldn't test drive a truck because they hadn't been able to perform the recall on their in stock trucks.

I wonder if FCA was supplying dealers with recall part for in stock units first??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They probably did.

I just got a voice mail from FCA, now they are not shipping the part because there are no parts available. Period.

FCA said they were sending 10 recall parts per dealership at when they are available. But there are no parts available now. Of-course I am #15 on dealer wait list.

FCA said you can use it, just dont use adjustable pedals, but make sure you know how to get the truck in neutral and how to activate emergency brake just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread