5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall question for new truck

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
My truck has a build date of 11/18 and i just bought it last week, so it sat on the lot for a while. I was wondering, are dealerships required to do all recalls before selling a new truck? I never thought to ask them. If they are not required, is there a way to find out if they have all been done?

-side question... is my build date late enough to have escaped some of the first issues? Not that i have had any yet, just curious.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My truck has a build date of 11/18 and i just bought it last week, so it sat on the lot for a while. I was wondering, are dealerships required to do all recalls before selling a new truck? I never thought to ask them. If they are not required, is there a way to find out if they have all been done?

-side question... is my build date late enough to have escaped some of the first issues? Not that i have had any yet, just curious.
They are required to perform recalls on vehicles in their inventory.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^what he said. If it's an actual Recall, the dealer has to do it.

If there are TSBs that apply to your vehicle (which there really should not be if it was JUST built), then they do not have to do those. But, if you are aware of any TSBs that might apply, you can certainly tell the dealer that you are not signing the final papers until they take care of those TSBs.

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
Thanks everyone and @StuartV the truck was just purchased but was on the lot for awhile. it has an 11/18 build date.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks everyone and @StuartV the truck was just purchased but was on the lot for awhile. it has an 11/18 build date.

Sorry, I didn't pay close enough attention. Since you already bought it, all you can do is monitor the TSBs and if you see one that matches anything you're seeing on your truck, you can take it to the dealer, report what you're seeing, and request that they do whatever the TSB specifies. But, any actual Recalls should already be done. Also, you can go to Mopar.com and set up your "garage". Create an account and put in your VIN. It will show you the status of any recalls that apply to your specific truck.

Users who are viewing this thread