5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall plus some....

BH1

Reaction score
I got the recall notice this weekend on the 12” Uconnect. I was going to update via the YouTube instructions tonight, as this morning my wife’s phone wouldn’t pair, and the seat memory no longer recalled her settings.

Well, I couldn’t find a message to approve the remote update. I called and they said to take it to the dealer, of course. Then apps started disappearing, backup camera is gone, climate control only blows hot air, unless max A/C is set; then it’s A/C with heat. It will not auto climate or sync. When in settings, selections like door locks and displays, etc. are blank we you enter into them.

I love this truck, but pretty hard to stomach on a 2020 built in February and bought in March.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the recall notice this weekend on the 12” Uconnect. I was going to update via the YouTube instructions tonight, as this morning my wife’s phone wouldn’t pair, and the seat memory no longer recalled her settings.

Well, I couldn’t find a message to approve the remote update. I called and they said to take it to the dealer, of course. Then apps started disappearing, backup camera is gone, climate control only blows hot air, unless max A/C is set; then it’s A/C with heat. It will not auto climate or sync. When in settings, selections like door locks and displays, etc. are blank we you enter into them.

I love this truck, but pretty hard to stomach on a 2020 built in February and bought in March.
Pretty common for items to be gone after update or battery disconnect, give it up to 24 hours and usually everything comes back.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

BH1

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this happened without the update. It wouldn’t let me do it remotely. And, supposedly, the update is just for the backup camera I believe. Taking it to the dealer today.

airgas1998

Reaction score
you can't do the update remotely unless the ota version pings in your area. you'd have to take it to the dealer, or wait for the ota when it's in your area.

OKCRamGuy

Reaction score
I just had my 2020 Ram Uconnect update performed by the Dealer Service Department... Got it back and had: no cameras (at all), no climate controls, and other missing features. Service Dept said “give it an hour” — still the same, “not right.” I’ll give it a day, hope it works. Have owned the truck for 4 months and have had 3x recalls — this is why my F-150 buds give me grief for buying the truck (it’s such a SWEET RIDE, though!)

BH1

Reaction score
Disconnected the battery last night for 30 minutes. When the wife left for work this morning, all was fine. Still need the recall serviced, but feels like I’m playing with fire based on OKCRamGuy’s experience.

Last edited:

OKCRamGuy

Reaction score
I let the truck sit over night and all, too, was good in the morning. Frustrated the Service Rep didn’t mention the “wait”/reset time when they handed me the keys. Something to discuss with the Service Department

jwnelson3

Reaction score
Just got a recall letter for my 2019 bh 1500. Its for tightening the wind shield wiper arms to 35 ft lbs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread