5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall Letter

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got a recall letter mailed to me for 2023 Limited.
Powertain Control Module Software
"The Multifunction Lamp Inddicator may illuminate and cause limited vehicle speed due to a software calibration issue. The MIL may turn off and vehicle speed may be restored after an ignition key cycle".

Fix is for the dealer to reprogram the Powertrain Control Module.

Has anybody heard of this or had it done? Truck seems to be running fine any risk/unintended consequences to having them reprogram things?

$Bill

Reaction score
Hey Tripi. I got it too. I‘m going to see if I can get mine done. There must be a reason they issued it - I hope. I would think it costs a fair amount of money to go through this if it not necessary.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey Tripi. I got it too. I‘m going to see if I can get mine done. There must be a reason they issued it - I hope. I would think it costs a fair amount of money to go through this if it not necessary.
Appreciate your response. Can you post back after you get it done? So many electrical touchpoints I am always in the camp if it ain't broke don't fix it.

$Bill

Reaction score
I get it. I’m a little on the fence too. I’ll post back if I get it done.

Very surprised there’s no other responses to this or that I couldn’t find another post on this since it says it’s for MY 2022 and 2023.

CSS_Baloo 23

Reaction score
I had mine done with my first oil change / tire rotation at the dealer a couple weeks ago. No issues. Can't tell a difference before and after. Truck runs the same.

lsupcar

Reaction score
Is this CSN-08A? I received one too. I wondered if this was related to random stalling/engine off issue. I have not had that problem knock on wood. I also hesitate to reprogram anything if all is well on my vehicle. Would like better gas mileage if this supplies that as well. haha.
Would like to hear from those who have had it done.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is this CSN-08A? I received one too. I wondered if this was related to random stalling/engine off issue. I have not had that problem knock on wood. I also hesitate to reprogram anything if all is well on my vehicle. Would like better gas mileage if this supplies that as well. haha.
Would like to hear from those who have had it done.
You never know, when my brother had the somewhat similar recall, on his 21, he picked up 3 MPG. That was 21 Etorques only, at the time.

cliffsta

Reaction score
I received the letter, as well. '23 Rebel 5.7 etorque. Just haven't found the time to swing by the dealer to get it done, but I plan to get it done. Dealer confirmed when I called it'll only take a few minutes.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Had it done today, since I had to knock off work early for my wife’s doctor appointment. The truck hasn’t exploded yet, and I’ve been running the roads a bit this afternoon.
IMG_9028.jpeg

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had it done today, since I had to knock off work early for my wife’s doctor appointment. The truck hasn’t exploded yet, and I’ve been running the roads a bit this afternoon.
View attachment 172928
Good first report! I'll admit I am not even sure what this is supposed to address but since we have one success I will look to get it done after the new year.

barrak

Reaction score
Good first report! I'll admit I am not even sure what this is supposed to address but since we have one success I will look to get it done after the new year.
If you cross-reference the 05149596AE PCM flash in the first document below, you'll see it lists the 18-050-23 TSB (second document), which relates to possible transmission limp mode triggered by the Start/Stop feature as the vehicle comes to a stop at, say, a traffic light. Happens to me every time when I enable the PIN LOCK on my Tazer DT.

Edit: Mine got flashed to 05149600AE two weeks ago... same TSB reference. Waiting to replace my faulty clockspring in January before I could re-install my Tazer DT and test if it is now compatible with the Start/Stop operation.

Attachments

• J2534_FedWorldReport.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
  • MC-10236940-9999.pdf
    63.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

$Bill

Reaction score
Very late reply to this...

I had it done three weeks ago. Took the truck in for an oil change, tire rotation and the flash. No difference in driving, mileage, etc.

lsupcar

Reaction score
Very late reply to this...

I had it done three weeks ago. Took the truck in for an oil change, tire rotation and the flash. No difference in driving, mileage, etc.
Thanks for the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread