5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel with P0088 code

Valkyrie702

Reaction score
Im running circles it seems and cant seem to find any answers.

Has anyone here had issues with intermittent CEL throwing a code for high fuel rail pressure (P0088)?

Im starting to think that my run with mopar may be running thin as the last 6 vehicles (jeeps and rams) have been absolutely plagued with problems.

Valkyrie702

Reaction score
Im running circles it seems and cant seem to find any answers.

Has anyone here had issues with intermittent CEL throwing a code for high fuel rail pressure (P0088)?

Im starting to think that my run with mopar may be running thin as the last 6 vehicles (jeeps and rams) have been absolutely plagued with problems.
I should mention this is a 2020 with 30k on the odometer.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When is the last time you had it in to the dealer for a PCM/ECM update? I feared it was a pump issue but in reality, all it took was a simple update.

P0088 is a generic code, so it can have many potential triggers. Here are the most common:
  • Failed fuel pressure regulator or fuel control valve/actuator
  • Faulty fuel pump
  • A restriction in the fuel system
  • Defective fuel rail pressure sensor
  • Wiring issues
  • Faulty PCM or software in need of an update
You can switch makes and models, but you'll have the same issues with all of them - they are all super computers on wheels. The only way to solve your problem is go back to the 1950's or 1960's for a pickup but even they have their own set of issues.

Valkyrie702

Reaction score
When is the last time you had it in to the dealer for a PCM/ECM update? I feared it was a pump issue but in reality, all it took was a simple update.

P0088 is a generic code, so it can have many potential triggers. Here are the most common:
  • Failed fuel pressure regulator or fuel control valve/actuator
  • Faulty fuel pump
  • A restriction in the fuel system
  • Defective fuel rail pressure sensor
  • Wiring issues
  • Faulty PCM or software in need of an update
You can switch makes and models, but you'll have the same issues with all of them - they are all super computers on wheels. The only way to solve your problem is go back to the 1950's or 1960's for a pickup but even they have their own set of issues.
If the wife didn't demand a boujie ride, id gladly go back to being a wrench turner on the weekends. Thanks for the input Northstar! Im hoping thats exactly what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread