5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel with Bilstein 5100 Level

Pribilof

Reaction score
Just in case anyone missed it in the 5100 thread in the suspension section, I installed Bilstein 5100s on the front of my Rebel last week

The 5100 shocks come with spring seat adapters for the non rebel spring seats to properly mount on the circlips on the 5100s. The OEM Rebel shocks already use circlips. Throw the Bilstein adapters in the trash. They aren't needed on a Rebel.

I set mine to position 5 and am pretty close to perfectly leveled, even with 300# of sand in the bed.
ZomboMeme 11032020190557.jpg ZomboMeme 11032020190630.jpg

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fantastic! Looks great!

Out of curiosity, are your tires stock size?

Did you need to install the 5100s for rubbing concerns with the BORA spacers, or you simply preferred the look and clearance?

Pribilof

Reaction score
Fantastic! Looks great!

Out of curiosity, are your tires stock size?

Did you need to install the 5100s for rubbing concerns with the BORA spacers, or you simply preferred the look and clearance?

Stock tires (33"). I wanted a more aggressive stance without spending money on wheels. BORA spacers are rock solid. I've had no issues in 5k or so miles. Hand torqued to spec with a calibrated torque wrench.

How difficult was the install ?

Brakes Plus did it for me in 3 hours including the alignment. It's just a simple shock replacement.

It aligned back to stock specs and the UCA angle looks fine to me.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Just to be clear...you installed Bilstein 5100 shocks and the Bora spacers in the front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pribilof

Reaction score
Just to be clear...you installed Bilatein 5100 shocks and the Bora spacers in the front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bora spacers are wheel spacers (1.25") and unrelated to the lift. They are on all four wheels.

The Bilstein 5100s are in the front only (OEM Rebel shocks in the rear) and on setting #5.

976-HIKE

Reaction score
Would love more info, if you could. Bilstein’s website is about as bad as they come.

Where did you order them from (link if possible)?
How much?
How is the ride?
And the question that has to be asked in every Rebel thread: WILL IT FIT 35s????

Pribilof

Reaction score
Would love more info, if you could. Bilstein’s website is about as bad as they come.

Where did you order them from (link if possible)?
How much?
How is the ride?
And the question that has to be asked in every Rebel thread: WILL IT FIT 35s????

Bilsteinlifts.com
$237
Ride is great. Close to stock, maybe a tad bit more stiff.
35s? yes but you probably need 0 or negative offset (or wheel spacers)

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just in case anyone missed it in the 5100 thread in the suspension section, I installed Bilstein 5100s on the front of my Rebel last week

The 5100 shocks come with spring seat adapters for the non rebel spring seats to properly mount on the circlips on the 5100s. The OEM Rebel shocks already use circlips. Throw the Bilstein adapters in the trash. They aren't needed on a Rebel.

I set mine to position 5 and am pretty close to perfectly leveled, even with 300# of sand in the bed.
View attachment 49351 View attachment 49352
This is awesome, thanks for posting this! I’m going to go this route as well

v_eight

Reaction score
Did you have to do anything special for the spacers? I've read some sites that mention having to grind the studs?

Your truck looks great!

Pribilof

Reaction score
Did you have to do anything special for the spacers? I've read some sites that mention having to grind the studs?

Your truck looks great!

Thanks! Nothing special needed to install the wheel spacers. I probably could have done 1" spacers with the OEM Rebel wheels without having to trim the studs.

Did you upgrade the UCAs with your setup?

Nope.

v_eight

Reaction score
Thanks! Nothing special needed to install the wheel spacers. I probably could have done 1" spacers with the OEM Rebel wheels without having to trim the studs.

Excellent! I'm looking at 1" myself

Z mann R2

Reaction score

Oh wow! I was reading someone say they returned the 1.5" ones becauseit required the studs to be shortened and he ended up getting the 2"ones....are they hubcentric?

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
What spring compressor is everyone using to make the swap to the Bilstein 5100s?

Pribilof

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread