5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REBEL Wheels on a 19 BIGHORN

Cliffy

Reaction score
Man I really screwed up. Had a guy locally that was going to sell me a set of rebel wheels and tires worn a few hundred miles for $850 no tpms and I passed...F

TXoneton86

Reaction score
Great lookin truck Tex! Just mounted some Rebel wheel/tires on my Bighorn. Love em. Except we can't get the tpms's to link up. Gonna have to break down my factory wheels & scavenge those out. Whatever I gotta do, I guess.
Thank you yours looks great also . I had have the TPMS sensors moved from my original wheels to get my system to link up with the Rebel wheels. Sorry for the late response

Cliffy

Reaction score
So is there a concensus as to the right pressure when using rebel wheels on a bighorn? Is it because of the specific tire the rebels are 55/45 front to back? I ended up texting my local guy back and he still had them so I bought and mounted this weekend. Put some flares on too and love the look.

Attachments

• 20200111_172307.jpg
    20200111_172307.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 362
  • 20200111_141026.jpg
    20200111_141026.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 355

greels1

Reaction score
Looks good, I went with 55/45 as that is what is recommended for these tires on the Rebel. I figure if it works for the Rebel it would work for the Bighorn.

GasTank87

Reaction score
We have the same truck and this seals the deal for me. I'm going to start looking hard for a good deal on these now for sure. Very nice!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Talpa

Reaction score
Recently picked up a 19 Bighorn Crew. Upgraded with some Rebel Wheels and Duratracs from someone who modded their Rebel. Thought others might like to see the difference a little more rubber makes :)
Is your front end lift equipped in these pics? Or stock suspension?

Stryker6040

Reaction score
These all look awesome I would like to do this with the new all black rebel wheels.

PrISM

Reaction score
Has anyone done Rebel wheels on a Limited? Any issues?

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just recently picked up a set of Rebel wheels for the Laramie.
View attachment 47821

That looks fantastic! The more I look at wheels, the more I like the looks of the Rebel wheels the best. I’m considering the same for my Laramie.

Curious if you have any idea how much gas mileage was affected?

Also, it appears offset is identical between the Sport wheels and these Rebel wheels. By that metric, these should not stick out any further, is that correct? I’d really prefer a bit wider stance, might consider spacers on mine.

11b101abn

Reaction score
The stock tires that come on the Bighorn are 275 / 65 R 18 the rebel Tires are 275 / 70 R 18 so at 50 MPH your actual speed would be 51.69 MPH. :unsure:

I tried to get the dealership to reprogram my speedo to compensate for the difference but they claim that they are not able to modify that anymore; FCA has locked the tires/wheels with the VIN and you would have to contact FCA to have them alter your build. :rolleyes: View attachment 40588
OCGA 40-8-22 sec (d) prohibits headlight covers. Just so you know.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score

the_patriot

Reaction score
That looks fantastic! The more I look at wheels, the more I like the looks of the Rebel wheels the best. I’m considering the same for my Laramie.

Curious if you have any idea how much gas mileage was affected?

Also, it appears offset is identical between the Sport wheels and these Rebel wheels. By that metric, these should not stick out any further, is that correct? I’d really prefer a bit wider stance, might consider spacers on mine.

Yeah, the Rebel wheels definitely grew on me over time. The MPG was effected but I have not done my do diligence to what affect. I would probably say that roughly 1-2 MPG at a minimum, but that's strictly related to the tires.

Your thought is right. It has a slightly wider stance due to the tire design but its not significant to get you a wider stance. That being said, the Rebel wheels do not poke out beyond the wheel arch, it's still tucked in.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, the Rebel wheels definitely grew on me over time. The MPG was effected but I have not done my do diligence to what affect. I would probably say that roughly 1-2 MPG at a minimum, but that's strictly related to the tires.

Your thought is right. It has a slightly wider stance due to the tire design but its not significant to get you a wider stance. That being said, the Rebel wheels do not poke out beyond the wheel arch, it's still tucked in.

Thanks for the feedback.

I pulled the trigger on some over the weekend. I’ve decided to pick up some Bora spacers to achieve the poke Im seeking. The more I looked at wheels, the more I found the Rebels achieved what I was looking for.

One interesting thing I noted, my Rebel wheels/tires came in 1.2# lighter than my Laramie sport 20” wheels. Mine are used takeoffs, so I’m sure there’s a bit of difference compared to new, but not substantial. These tires are about 3.9% larger circumference, which means the truck is estimating fuel mileage low by that amount. I suppose that adds up to around 0.6mpg higher than reported by the computer. I’ll report back whether I notice a substantial difference after a few hundred miles.
a16a0f98c7c94407f267ac9657cd0fc5.jpg

Last edited:

Cease11

Reaction score
I’m selling my rebel wheels if anyone is interested. SoCal only though, don’t really wanna do the whole shipping thing. 500 with the duratracks they have like 20%. I would just throw them on new tires

moparleo51

Reaction score
I put my wheels on yesterday. I have the orp,so it's not to bad right now,but wanna get the blistein on .
2e62e4709a475b4b8b66cccd6455595b.jpg
dd13c48a81b81e468baebbfa3ec590a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread