5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel vs Laramie

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
So I ordered a rebel with the GT package on it, and then also added 90% of the other options available at the time. But in my impatient in waiting for my truck, I can't help but stopped by several dealerships to see what they have. I've noticed several Laramie with the GT package on it, and how nice of trucks they are. I prefer the appearanceofthe Rebel. But if been beginning to wonder. And this might just go to show you how much I didn't research what I probably should have.......aside from the asthetics, what is the differences between the Rebel versus the Laramie assuming they're similarly equipped?

doolin64

Reaction score
For me, I preferred the Laramie Night Edition over the Rebel. Although I do like the Rebel. In the end I really wanted cooled seats and that automatically eliminated the Rebel for me.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I bought my 2020, aside from the appearances, the only differences I could really find were ventilated seats and the surround view camera. You can now get the surround view cameras, and I thought the GT package contained ventilated seats, but it doesn't look like it on the builder.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
The GT package does add ventilated seats. And the surround view camera seems only available currently, courtesy of the "chip shortage" on the Limiteds or longhorns.

Is there really not any difference beside asthtics? 🤔

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The GT package does add ventilated seats. And the surround view camera seems only available currently, courtesy of the "chip shortage" on the Limiteds or longhorns.

I mean, the Rebel is better equipped for off-roading. Skid plated, heavy duty shocks, smaller wheels/w bigger, A/T tires. Now, if you add the ORG to the Laramie, it's pretty close at that point. But I don't think you can do GT and ORG at the same time on the Laramie (though I'm pretty sure you can do ORG and Night Edition, which you cannot do on a Limited).

M02v8r

Reaction score

Surround Camera is available on the Rebel. Its part of the Advanced Safety Group. I looked at both the Laramie and the Rebel. With the GT package, the Rebel was the obvious choice for me. I wanted the sportier look that the Rebel offers and the offroad capabilities. I believe the Rebel may also have a higher rated tow capacity.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

If you get the ORG on the Laramie you're pretty close. Minor difference in shocks I think. You get the e-locker, hill descent control, the skid plates, shocks. The tires will be smaller if you get the 18" wheels since they're 275/65R18.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
I had the ventilated seats on my 4th gen and to be honest they were nothing to write home about. I don't miss them on the Rebel and prefer the bolder look of the Rebel compared to the Laramie but we're all different. There's also plenty of aftermarket rebel style grilles for the other trims which will get the Laramie looking closer to a Rebel.

Camel_City

Reaction score
I traded in my 2019 Laramie for the Rebel GT. The Laramie was smoother and handled a little better. It also did a little better in the MPG department. None of that is enough to persuade me to want to go back to a Laramie though. I absolutely love this Rebel and it's aggressive stance and looks, along with it's off-road performance. I do a lot of hunting and off-roading and so far it's been great. I'm 6'5" 260 lbs. and the seats in the GT are the best I've ever sat in, truck fits me better than any other I've ever owned. BTW, ventilated seats are standard in the Rebel GT.

You're not going to go wrong with either choice, just comes down to aesthetics, what pleases your eye, and how you plan to use your truck.

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the bumper/front end assembly of the Rebel gives it a better approach angle. In Dec 20, I ordered a 21 Big Horn 4x4, with the ORG, thinking I'd be able to go anywhere I wanted. After having the truck for a year, I haven't went anywhere because I'm realizing, for all my ground clearance, it doesn't take much to scrape up my front valance.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the bumper/front end assembly of the Rebel gives it a better approach angle. In Dec 20, I ordered a 21 Big Horn 4x4, with the ORG, thinking I'd be able to go anywhere I wanted. After having the truck for a year, I haven't went anywhere because I'm realizing, for all my ground clearance, it doesn't take much to scrape up my front valance.
I know the Deven comes stock with 33" tires, and a stock 1" lift kit, which helps, but I think the bumper only marginally helps. Even though the built in skid plate is nice.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I traded in my 2019 Laramie for the Rebel GT. The Laramie was smoother and handled a little better. It also did a little better in the MPG department. None of that is enough to persuade me to want to go back to a Laramie though. I absolutely love this Rebel and it's aggressive stance and looks, along with it's off-road performance. I do a lot of hunting and off-roading and so far it's been great. I'm 6'5" 260 lbs. and the seats in the GT are the best I've ever sat in, truck fits me better than any other I've ever owned. BTW, ventilated seats are standard in the Rebel GT.

You're not going to go wrong with either choice, just comes down to aesthetics, what pleases your eye, and how you plan to use your truck.
im with ya brother

Attachments

• 20180806_173012_InPixio.jpg
    20180806_173012_InPixio.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 18

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/